Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more
Reload this Page >

Tamiya TT-01RED build, Nismo R-34 Skyline GT-R Z-tune

Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Tamiya TT-01RED build, Nismo R-34 Skyline GT-R Z-tune

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 03:43 PM
jp2_we_love_you

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tamiya TT-01RED build, Nismo R-34 Skyline GT-R Z-tune

First thing first, the first thing I'm gonna do is build the stock one, and sell it to make money for the parts I will still need for the chassis-up build. I also have some spare hop-ups I'll use on the stock build. Anyways, here's all the parts going into the Chassis-up build, sorted by where I purchased from:

Towerhobbies -
Associated Wolfpack 6C 7.2V 3600mAh NiMH Stick Std Plug
Futaba 2PL 2-Channel AM
Tamiya Nismo R34 GT-R Z-Tune TT-01 Kit
Pactra Polycarb Window Tint
Spaz Stix Color Change Gold/Orange/Purpl/Red
Spaz Stix polycarb surface pre-prep
Tamiya Adjustable Upper Arm TT-01/TGS
Tamiya RS540 Sport Tuned Motor 49/62

RC MALL - Red alloy motor mount heat sink

Milty's RC Bits - Red alloy rear gear box stiffener

Big Head Hobbies - Stainless steel screw kit

2key's RC Bitz - Red chrome aluminum drift wheels/tires

RC Mart (Dinball) -
3Racing Spur Gear set (55/58/61T)
GPM Alloy Servo Mount for TT01 - red
GPM Alloy Main Shaft - red, for TT01
GPM Alloy Completed Tie Rod Set - red
Tamiya 24T, 25T AV Pinion Gear Set
Tamiya 4mm Alu Flange Lock Nuts - red
Tamiya Alum. Bumper Stopper for TT01 - blue
Tamiya Urethane Bumper M - blue
Yeah Racing red Alloy Drive Shaft for Tamiya TT-01
Yeah Racing Alloy mainshaft-to-gearbox shaft - red
T.O.P Wheel Spacer Set - red
Tamiya Ball Differential Sets for TT01
Tamiya Carbon Upper Frame for TT01
Tamiya Stabilizer Sets for TT01 - front and rear
Yeah Racing Blue Teflon Bearing set for Tamiya TT01
GPM Alloy Battery Holder - red
GPM Alloy Drive Washer Set - red
GPM Alloy Damper 50mm - red
Tamiya Silicone Damper Oil set - medium
Combo Alloy Hop Up Set For Tamiya TT01 - red, includes:
Alloy rear lower arms
Alloy front knuckles
Alloy rear knuckles
Alloy dog bones
Alloy rear gear box stiffener
Alloy bearing steering set
Alloy upper suspension mounts
Alloy rear upper arms
Alloy front upper arms
Alloy front lower arms
3racing Graphite Chassis Conversion Kit
3racing Graphite shock tower stiffener (2)
Adjustable Upper arm set (realized I needed another, thanks for the miscommunication electronic internet language translator, wherever you are, that didn't get the message across properly between me and Dinball, which is located in Hong Kong)

sicklidz (Ebay) - 3racing LED Light System (Have a link for a video of it if anyone's interested, post some pics, and maybe video from my cell phone of it installed on my car)

BTW- if you are wondering where I got TT-01RED, it's actually kinda neat. I have a red theme, but Tamiya has 4 different TT-01 chassis, the TT-01 (base), the TT-01R (race), the TT-01E (ease of use/maintenance), and the TT-01D (drift). I have a bunch of elements from each, and it just fits with the red theme. Anything I can't/don't use on the TT-01RED build will go into the TT-01 build (will be for sale when done). I'm gonna sell it because I will need to buy another body, some more radio equipment, and a few other miscellaneous things probably. Anyways, let me know what you guys think.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:47 PM
Yaksaddle

Default RE: Tamiya TT-01RED build, Nismo R-34 Skyline GT-R Z-tune

I have a BUNCH of parts for a TT-01 in fact it looks like all thats missing is the gears, - I already built my TT-01RED, word of advice - ask some of those who have built these for help, the steering assembly can be tricky, as can a few other places. It got to the point where a bottle of scotch was going to go in my pit box for wrenching on the chassis. When it is done though...it looks gorgeous.

Anyways if you want to buy a lot of TT-01 pieces parts etc. to help fund your RED let me know, I have them all in a box, should be enough to make 2 if you pick up the gears, I may even have some rims and tires to throw in, if you are interested. I just dont have the time to build them all myself.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:22 AM
Lunchboxer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any reasons that you want to get a TT-01 and then replace all the components? (vs. getting a TB-02, TB Evo 4 / 5 instead?) Just curious..

Be sure to post some pics when you are done!
Old 07-06-2008, 10:43 AM
jp2_we_love_you

I went with a TT-01, well, because I had bought one. I didn't plan on doing a lot to it. But I started finding all these neat parts, and before I knew it, I had spent a lot more, and could have gotten something better for a lot less. But I did get the Skyline body (I love those cars, so sweet) out of it all. So that's pretty much it. I had already spent the money on the kit, found new stuff, and figured "why the hell not"
Old 07-06-2008, 12:45 PM
Lunchboxer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The GT-R shell will be killer!
Old 07-06-2008, 01:05 PM
jp2_we_love_you

It's gonna look especially nice with the color change paint I have for it.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:36 PM
lee172

they do sell these smart new TT-01E bodysets separately... so you dont have to buy a kit to get a great shell, i cant wait for the Golf GTI to come out.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:51 PM
Yaksaddle

hey since you picked up a ball differential, what do you want for the bevel gear set that comes with the stock tt01 so i can build a stock one to get rid of some parts and chassis' I have laying around?
I just realized your across the ri ver from from me, you race at Rose city?
Old 07-07-2008, 10:36 AM
jp2_we_love_you

Well, I haven't done any racing yet. All i have is this kit and all the hop-ups laying around (nothing's been built from any of the TT-01 stuff), and a Stampede, which I actually just broke one of my castor blocks, and I need money for that, and a few other things for it. Anyways, not sure how I'm gonna sell, if it'll be parts, or if I'll build the stock kit with any hop-ups I don't need and sell it like that (no radio system, just stock ESC), or if I'll sell it as the kit with the hop-ups I don't need included. I'm waiting for almost another 2 weeks before my final order ends up at my door. It'll be here roughly around the 16th. I'm waiting on the graphite chassis kit to find out what I can and can't use out of the stuff I've bought, my biggest concern is the aluminum battery posts and the battery strap/heatsink. I think if I make enough money off the stuff I don't need I'll get a brushless system along with the other parts I need, since I want to get a motor that's faster than the sport tuned. Anyways, not sure what I'm gonna do for sure, but I'll keep in touch with you on the parts. I don't even know what they sell for so I don't even have a clue as to what I should ask!!!! LOL. Thanks for the offer though. If you're in the area today I have a garage sale going on with a bunch of fun stuff (paintball setup, complete car audio setup, some computer gear, PS2 gear, and a bunch more too).
Old 07-07-2008, 11:00 AM
Yaksaddle

Battery posts you could use however the 3Racing Chassis has a velcro strap, the rear gear box stiffener you wont be able to use as the 3 racing uses its on gear box, the battery hold-down you wont be able to use either as I mentioned the 3Racing chassis has a batter tie down system (not a good one either actualy imo - I would prefer battery posts - your mileage may vary) The red motor mount you wont be able to use on the 3Racing Chassis either. The A Arms are a pain so when you get to that point send me a message and I will walk you thru the unholy washer assembly to get the damn things in.

Trust me get used to the sport modified first, brushless is stupid fast and you dont want to waste all your time and money fixing your car after hitting a curb at some ungodly MPH.

Take the Tamiya plug off your battery pack and ESC and slap on some Deans connectors and invest in a decent charger.

I work in West Linn, so I wont be able to make it today, but let me know what you have for PC I may have to swing by this week or have you drop it off I need to get a set of gears for a TT-01 - preferably 2 sets, so I can empty as much as I can out of this lot I won on eBay...almost 3 complete cars worth.
I picked up a Fantom Facts Motor Dyno and built a computer to run out in the garage to graph out RPM's etc. and to do research on cars im working on, so anything for a PC would be cool. I used to be a video game producer so I have plenty of PS2 stuff, and now that you can't shoot juvenile delinquents with paintballs to get them off your lawn without being charged with attempted murder, Im gonna pass on that stuff Anything else though sounds good, just shoot me a PM or email me at [email protected]

Old 07-19-2008, 12:25 PM
jp2_we_love_you

Well, I'm starting to build, and I wish I had read this a little sooner, because I already got the aluminum arms (front and rear) installed. How did you do it though?
Old 07-19-2008, 01:12 PM
Yaksaddle

Trial and Error my friend, lots of trial lots of error and using things t to hold them in without pinching them, I think I am going to take mine out and put them in my stock tt-01 and order the GPM A- Arms that are molded off the original as opposed to the hinge pin ones
Old 07-19-2008, 05:56 PM
jp2_we_love_you

I simply used the tiny washers that they included and stuck those inside and then put the gearbox cover on around them

But I had another issue and I was curious if you had the same, mount the gearboxes to the chassis. I could get the inside mounts ok, but I had developed a gap at the bottom of my gear boxes, and had to undo the top to screws in order to get the slack I needed to close the gap and start the mounting screws, then when I had it mounted I tightened the top screws back up. Sounds like 3racing didn't do much in the area of R&D.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:39 AM
jp2_we_love_you

I'm almost done with my build!!!!! I'll have pics soon. It looks SOOOO good so far
Old 07-20-2008, 01:10 AM
magnat

Enough talk I WANNA SEE PHOTO"S!!!

I love R-34's and your build is inspiring me to get another R-34 Shell and do a Top Secret R-34 Paint Job !

Old 07-20-2008, 12:26 PM
jp2_we_love_you

That would look KILLER. I have a few pics, but I wanted to wait until the build was all done to post them. Probably later today or tomorrow.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:06 PM
jp2_we_love_you

OK, here's some pics:

http://s348.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=45988b34.pbw
Old 07-25-2008, 06:46 PM
dfiantii

The wiring job needs some work lol
Old 07-25-2008, 11:02 PM
jp2_we_love_you

Yeah, but that's in process. Still have to paint the body then wire the LED kit, then tidy everything up.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:29 AM
d.k.v

i love it but red is not my colour!
Old 07-28-2008, 07:12 PM
jp2_we_love_you

red looks good in person, the blue had been done too much, and I like outside the box stuff
Old 07-28-2008, 07:28 PM
DarkFire989

Really nice car. But really dont like the red rims[:'(]
Old 07-28-2008, 07:29 PM
jp2_we_love_you

have masking pics on my photobucket account
Old 07-28-2008, 07:31 PM
jp2_we_love_you

as for the rims, they've already been curbed some, LOL
Old 07-28-2008, 07:36 PM
Yaksaddle

Did you pick up an airbrush yet? What colors you going with? Can you take Pictures of yoru steering assembly? completely dissasembled and reassembled? Im missing something I have too much slop in my steering and want it gone ASAP but I cant figure out what I have done wrong. Probably too much Vodka Red Bull in the build directions...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.