Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

rally car?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 07:09 PM
big terp 77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rally car?

what 4wd car/chassis would be my best bet if i wanted to be able to run on pavement and dirt. the drivetrain needs to be able to handle brushless. im going to install my own electronics so id prefer a kit. complete newb when it comes to on-road stuff. ive been looking at the tamiya stuff, but it seems like there is a million different chassis and model numbers.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:18 PM
magnat

Default RE: rally car?

If your after a Rally Car, you may want to look at Tamiya's TL-01 or DF-01 Buggy Chassis...

The New Porsche Cayenne From Tamiya Runs the DF-01 Chassis and doesn't look too bad and I am pretty confident you could get a Ford Focus shell to sit on it aswell

As for the TL-01

Brushless how ever.... I am not 100% Sure about...

Old 07-23-2008, 12:57 PM
The Mad Modder

The Tamiy F-150 race truck is cool. It's based on the ta02.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:22 PM
lee172

the DF-01 (Cayenne) is basically a TA-02 as well, in my view lots better than the TL-01, due to more ground clearance/CF upgradable chassis, but bear in mind certain hop ups are pricey and rare (metal motor mount and sway bars) in particular.

see here for my DF-01 thread: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_75...y_df-01/tm.htm