Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

OFFICIAL HPI Sprint 2 Thread (Sport and Flux)

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 07:30 PM
Car-Tune

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL HPI Sprint 2 Thread (Sport and Flux)

This ciming Saturday we are going to the drag races. Last time we striped the rear belt of his car. Ran a 1.5 48mph. My rs4 ran 1.4 54mph
Old 04-16-2012, 08:51 PM
Car-Tune

I'm sorry. Make that a 2.5 and a 2.4 sec in 132 feet.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:27 AM
tcanin00

ORIGINAL: Car-Boy

This ciming Saturday we are going to the drag races. Last time we striped the rear belt of his car. Ran a 1.5 48mph. My rs4 ran 1.4 54mph
I was going to ask the distance traveled, but I see it in the reverse chronologaical order. To have hit those speeds in 132 feet is impressive.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:01 PM
aquito

Has someone fitted a gens ace 2s 5000mah hard case on the sprint 2? I just got my sprint 2 and can't fit my lipos???
Old 05-05-2012, 06:09 PM
Car-Tune

Hey guys,

For some reason when i turn my car on the motor does not beep anymore. The steering works fine but then my motor does not move what soever. I hooked it back onto castle creations programer and no luck. How can i test to see if my motor is fine? my battery seems to be fine too

Let me know
Old 05-05-2012, 06:35 PM
tcanin00

ORIGINAL: aquito

Has someone fitted a gens ace 2s 5000mah hard case on the sprint 2? I just got my sprint 2 and can't fit my lipos???
I have a 5,000mAh 2S Dynamite battery in my car and it fits pretty snug, but I relocated my battery further forward to balance the weight distribution.

Old 05-05-2012, 06:37 PM
tcanin00

ORIGINAL: Car-Boy

Hey guys,

For some reason when i turn my car on the motor does not beep anymore. The steering works fine but then my motor does not move what soever. I hooked it back onto castle creations programer and no luck. How can i test to see if my motor is fine? my battery seems to be fine too

Let me know
I would try hooking a different ESC to your motor to test it. That's the only way I can think to test it.

Old 05-22-2012, 07:45 AM
Quattromanta

Sorry guys, it's been a while since I was last on line.

Not much to report since I've been away other than I'm still carpet racing my Sprint Flux 2 but my car kept cutting out towards the end of the night. After some investigation the other drivers suggested it was my motor overheating so I was advised to replace the standard spur and pinion as it would take the strain off the motor. I now have an 84T spur and 30T pinion, not sure if I'll notice much difference but I'll see when I go to my next race.

After even more investigation it looks like it might not be the motor after all, it might be the battery safety setting on the ESC. After a few races I checked the voltage on my battery pack pack and it was still showing well over 7 volts but I have been told that because my battery is a 2S then the voltage is split between the 2 cells so this is more likely to be the voltage setting on the ESC. Looks like I might be buying the ESC programming kit soon!!!

Hope you guys are well.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:54 AM
Car-Tune

Its still your pinion gear, its too tall. you may need 23 or so.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:10 AM
Quattromanta

Hi Car-Boy,

I was told that for the standard flux 2 motor I need my gearing to be around 6.00 for carpet racing, hence the 30T pinion.

Isn't the standard pinion around 23T already?

Old 05-23-2012, 04:35 AM
Car-Tune

Yes that's standard but that's what till keep your motor at cool temps.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:30 AM
twonb1

Hey guys I just bought this thing brand new about a week and half ago and have already been through 2 esc. The first was dead right out of the box. The second went today for no reason. I'm running the stock gearing it came with along with stock 8.4 nimh battery. Why does it keep dying on me.

Thanks for any help in advance
Old 06-04-2012, 10:25 PM
GrassNinja

Hey all, just made the move up from the Micro RS4. Bought a Sprint 2 Drift last week. Iexpect to have it here in the mail in a couple of days. been trolling this thread for the last couple days. Lots of good info. I expect this thing to be drift worthy right out of the box. I'd like to take it to the track down the street and have it perform for me. Bsushless and LiPos' are down the road, but for now, I'd love to be able to just smile when i pull the trigger.

I'd like to know more about this USB cable/link thing that can be used to "program?" the ESC? am I reading all this right? (somewhere on page 2 or 3 there was some discussion).
Old 06-05-2012, 06:20 AM
twonb1

Better hope it doesn't fry the esc like mine did right out the box
Old 06-05-2012, 07:09 PM
yong7801

anyone know what roar spec motor the flux motor is comparable too
Old 06-06-2012, 03:30 AM
Quattromanta

Hi Grass Ninja,

I have recently aquired the Castle ESC programming kit. You can install the application straight on to your PC from their website. When you open the application it'll try to search for your ESC, simply connect the ESC into the chip device that comes with the kit. Then connect the USB cable to the device and connect to your PC and hey presto it should determine your ESC and provide you with a screen with the settings you can alter. I'm at work at the moment but from what I can remember you can alter the battery safety cut off voltage, drag brake, reverse speed, acceleration curves etc. If you want the full list of options I can find them out for you, just let me know.

On another note I was reading a few forums about drifters making roll cages out of drinking straws, at first I thought it sounded ridiculous but when I saw the results I was very impressed. I'm not a drifter as I do carpet racing but I like the idea of modding shells for any outdoor racing I do. I'll upload some pics later tonight (morning to most of you guys as I'm in the UK).
Old 06-06-2012, 07:43 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: twonb1

Hey guys I just bought this thing brand new about a week and half ago and have already been through 2 esc. The first was dead right out of the box. The second went today for no reason. I'm running the stock gearing it came with along with stock 8.4 nimh battery. Why does it keep dying on me.

What ESC were you using?
Old 06-06-2012, 07:57 AM
twonb1

I was using the stock hpi vapor flux

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

What ESC were you using?
Old 06-06-2012, 11:49 AM
t9dragon

What ESC were you using?

Did you have the ESC set to run the NIMH?
Old 06-06-2012, 12:01 PM
twonb1

Yes sir it was set up for nimh

What ESC were you using?

Did you have the ESC set to run the NIMH?
Old 06-17-2012, 12:02 PM
32_d3gr33s

So I've got the sprint 2 flux(the new 2010 camaro)... I'm not sure what the stock spur and pinion gears are that come on it. I stripped the spur last year and replaced it, but I think I must have went bigger with it. The car seems much slower this year than it did last... I'm just curious what people are running gear wise? I'm looking for more top end than acceleration. I just purchased a 25 pinion and an 84 spur.. Any ideas what top speed would be on that setup with a 50c 2S lipo? I dont want to gear too low and burn up my motor...
Old 06-19-2012, 08:03 PM
kitt350

Well, this is my first post here but I wouldn't say that I am a complete novice with these. Have been playing with my Emaxx quite a lot but I am wanting an on-road car to play with. Not planning on getting into racing just just something to run on the streets or in the parking lots while I am on lunch at work. I am just curious as to which one would be better the sport or the flux? Not really wanting to do drifting but i am guessing i could with the right tires. Iam just looking for siggestions on which one would be better sport or flux.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:28 PM
Car-Tune

I have both and it's much easier to deal with the flux if you're talking about the Sprint 2 flux. It as fast or faster and fun. All you do is plug and play. In other hand like the nitro, you will need to carry fuel, starter or box, remote, tools for tuning, an the car itself.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:50 AM
Quattromanta

Hi guys, I'm having issues with my Sprint Flux 2 and wondered if anyone could help.

I have 2 battery packs, when I fully charge the battery and run it, the car will lose power within a few minutes. I then use my other battery which lasts a lot longer but then that too loses power. I have then checked the voltage on both batteries, the first was just over 8v and the second just above 7v.

I even have the Castle Link application and I have set the battery safety cut off to 6v so it can't be that.

I have been told that it may be the ESC getting hot but if that was the case why does one battery last a lot longer than the other?

Any pearls of wisdom would be appreciated.

p.s. the car has the Vapor ESC and standard 5700 motor

Old 06-27-2012, 08:01 AM
t9dragon

ORIGINAL: Quattromanta

Hi guys, I'm having issues with my Sprint Flux 2 and wondered if anyone could help.

I have 2 battery packs, when I fully charge the battery and run it, the car will lose power within a few minutes. I then use my other battery which lasts a lot longer but then that too loses power. I have then checked the voltage on both batteries, the first was just over 8v and the second just above 7v.

I even have the Castle Link application and I have set the battery safety cut off to 6v so it can't be that.

I have been told that it may be the ESC getting hot but if that was the case why does one battery last a lot longer than the other?

Any pearls of wisdom would be appreciated.

p.s. the car has the Vapor ESC and standard 5700 motor

If you are running lipos with the cutoff set at 6v then you aren't going to get very long run times. I have mine set at 3.4 per cell.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.