Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

OFFICIAL HPI Sprint 2 Thread (Sport and Flux)

Old 10-03-2012, 01:28 PM
RocketCityDrifter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL HPI Sprint 2 Thread (Sport and Flux)

Okay 60amp, I'll look into that. And as far as track goes...mainly outside in parking lots or streets and smooth concrete outside of my apartment.
Also, I'm running the stock gearing as of now.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:24 AM
drc35ca

I find this combination easy on everything when geared to go around 40mph max on a 2S Lipo?  When I want it to rocket i put in a traxxas velineon 550 motor with a Larger castle creations Speedo (not sure what model)  with fan built in and run 3S geared up. Car must hit near 75-80 mph with a low body from onroad racing thats about 20 years old but gives good down-force.

Speed costs not only in faster wear but striking something at these speeds can destroy a car in a blink,but thats up to you?

Old 10-07-2012, 11:15 AM
DarksideVR

Hi I am new to the world of on-road and drift rc cars but have been thinking of getting a sprint to drift car. I would run a 2s lipo with the stock electronics. I don't plan on doing a ton of upgrades, I was thinking of getting a set of the hard plastic drift tires with wheels. My question is what upgrades would I need to start enjoying this car. and you would i need a lipo cutoff to run a lipo on the stock setup? Thanks for any info.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:53 PM
driftin007

I run Sprint 2 Drift 350z and it will take any LiPo. just have to follow the directions in the manual it comes with to change settings although it comes stock set for LiPo, but you get a NiMh bat with the kit. go figure.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:39 AM
DarksideVR

sweet! Thanks!
Old 10-11-2012, 06:45 PM
DarksideVR

Got the car it was easy to set up for my lipo. I have a question or two about the drive belts. The front belt seems to touching the upper chassis and the rear belt is rubbing on the motor. Is this normal? or how do I fix it? Thanks in advance
Old 10-12-2012, 10:07 AM
drc35ca

ORIGINAL: DarksideVR

Got the car it was easy to set up for my lipo. I have a question or two about the drive belts. The front belt seems to touching the upper chassis and the rear belt is rubbing on the motor. Is this normal? or how do I fix it? Thanks in advance
Go with a Aluminum pulley on the rear and install a rear tensioner like I have done,this will pick up slack and stop belt from jumping on the pulley and keep the belt away from a hot motor ! Also changing over to TOUGHRACINGBELTS will help. You have the new chassis and there are or should be cutouts in the chassis and bulkheads to stop debris buildin up and shredding the belts! CVDS work well also.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:30 PM
DarksideVR

Looking into the belts and aluminum pulley. How did you rig up that tensioner? Maybe point me in the right direction for some parts, if ya don't mind helping the new guy out.
Found your post about the tensioner and have some parts ordered. Thanks
Old 10-13-2012, 05:12 PM
rockydc

Hello guyz I just bough a Sprint 2 Flux it will be my first on road RC and first electric , Im going to drift with it too.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:41 AM
drc35ca

Rear tensioner is just a front pulley turned upside down,I use the center hole to mount which gives me just enough movement to adjust the belt so that it picks up the slack in the belt.
This stops the belt from bouncing on and off throttle and also makes it follow more of the surface of the upper pulley giving less chance to jump and do damage.

Use 2 tamiya type (5x8x2.5) bearings on the tensioners instead of the bushings it comes with.

Aluminum Pulleys are available again on ebay,just got 2 from omni models.

Old 10-15-2012, 03:28 PM
ChrisJuliano

I bought RPM rod ends which are alot longer and wider than the normal stock HPI linkage ends, and me being dumb I didnt measure ball to ball before I changed them over and now my steering angle is completely off and I cant get it to work right, also got a new servo at the same time (properly setup and end points are at the max my XS3 will do, and travel is at max too) and I cant get it to go stock lock to lock angle.

Can someone please measure the linkage from the servo to the servo savor thing eye to eye? And then the middle rod that connects the right steering to left?

Or give me advice? Thanks!
Old 10-16-2012, 06:36 PM
WindyCitySquirrel

Measured center to center either inside or outside of the cups.

TOE LINKS: 1.40"
FRONT CAMBER LINKS: 1.585"
REAR CAMBER LINKS: 1.5"
SERVO LINK: 1.82"
ACKERMAN LINK: 1.915"

ORIGINAL: ChrisJuliano

I bought RPM rod ends which are alot longer and wider than the normal stock HPI linkage ends, and me being dumb I didnt measure ball to ball before I changed them over and now my steering angle is completely off and I cant get it to work right, also got a new servo at the same time (properly setup and end points are at the max my XS3 will do, and travel is at max too) and I cant get it to go stock lock to lock angle.

Can someone please measure the linkage from the servo to the servo savor thing eye to eye? And then the middle rod that connects the right steering to left?

Or give me advice? Thanks!
Old 10-16-2012, 06:47 PM
DarksideVR

I just wanted to say I have ran a couple lipo packs through my car and have had a blast with it. I got another set of drift tires on BBS wheels as well as some road tires on some wheels that look like Rotas. I have a handful of parts on order. Here is the list of parts on the way; 2 of the aluminum center pulleys, a tensioner for the rear belt, bearings for both tensioners, Tough racing drive belts front and rear, HD carbon fiber front and rear shock towers and the HPI graphite upper chassis deck. Thanks for the help on getting this car setup.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:51 AM
ChrisJuliano

Wow thanks so much!!!! Your the best!
Old 10-20-2012, 05:38 PM
DarksideVR

I have 3 or more hours of drifting in and am loving it. Thanks to some tips from this site I have added a tensioner for the rear belt and put on some aluminum pulleys. I have some more goodies on the way. Here is a pic of the new pulleys and tensioner installed.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:54 AM
ChrisJuliano

My car tends to gain alot of speed during drifting, after driving a few of my other friends cars it makes mine super undriveable on short courses.

What could I do to make it slower? I am thinking a smaller gear on the motor would help since it would be more torque on my stock motor making it spin faster quicker keeping speed down hopefully? Or maybe it would do opposite and make it faster like it woudl if I had grip tires?

EDIT: I have the plastic hpi tires.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:05 AM
rockydc

You have the flux or sport?
Old 10-24-2012, 07:27 AM
ChrisJuliano

Sport, non brushless one.

I have a one way up front, not sure if its stock pinon on the motor since I bought it used.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:21 PM
WindyCitySquirrel

(Question retracted due to lack of interest)
Old 12-07-2012, 02:11 AM
fk452

Just got the HPI Falken Sprint 2 sport porsche. Any ideas on what to upgrade??
Old 12-07-2012, 02:13 AM
fk452

Just got the HPI Falken Sprint 2 sport porsche. Any ideas on what to upgrade?? i have already swapped out the brushed motor to brushless/
Old 12-07-2012, 05:55 AM
Car-Tune

Carbon fiber chassis, upper deck, and shock towers. Upgrade the bearings too.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:39 PM
dade247

I just purchased the Sprint to Sport Mustang GTR-X , Anyone else has this?
Old 12-10-2012, 09:21 AM
motorhead91

ORIGINAL: dade247

I just purchased the Sprint to Sport Mustang GTR-X , Anyone else has this?
I just saw this and it looks freakin' awesome. I may have to part with one of my trucks to pick this up. I'd rather buy a roller and paint the body and get the wheels myself but of course to get those you have to buy the whole RTR [&:]
Old 12-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Coolio831

I also recently picked up the Falken tire Porsche. I've been looking for the past 2 days for exact oem replacements but can't find them online anywhere. I'm running a SV2/7700kv combo on 6 cells geared 31/90. The tires are starting to get beat up. I plan on ordering a new radio/tires and a body tomorrow.

Edit: Forgot to mention I'm looking for the rear and front original falken tires 31mm/34mm with 9mm front offset and 12-14mm rear offset rims.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.