Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

RC-GT Open

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 12:05 AM
str8.krooked

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC-GT Open

Has anyone tried this class of racing? What do you think? I normally drift with my on road, but droppedgmc showed me this, there's more info on HP1's website. Looks like a lot of fun to me.

RCGT Open Challenge

-Any 1/10th scale 4WD Touring Car chassis.
-Any "realistic/scale" Touring Car/GT body (No "Race" bodies, Stratus, Mazda 6 etc.)
-Bodies should represent models that are runing or had been run in the Touring Car, GT2, GT1 classes in ALMS, LeMans, Speed Challenge etc.
-Any 26mm spoked wheels (no dish wheels)
-Suggested spec tires:
HPI #4790 X-Pattern Radial Tire 26mm M-Compound (base spec tire)
HPI #4495 X-Pattern Radial Belted Tire 26mm (belted tire, allows more speed)
HPI #4490 X-Pattern Radial Belted Tire Pro Compound (belted and stickier compound for best performance)
-Kit Lexan wing (flat realistic wing if included) or Plastic realistic wing set(s) only (keeping in mind the spirit of realism of the class)
-27T/17.5 Motor Limit.
-6 cell NiMH or 2 cell LiPo 7.v volt battery limit.
-Chassis option parts allowed.

Here's a link to some pics: http://www.hpiracing.com/news/2009012101/

Old 02-04-2009, 06:10 AM
SIRCC

Default RE: RC-GT Open

i believe that class allows any kind of spec's for racing, bringing the fun back to racing R/C competition.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:56 PM
jimbosan

We are starting this type of class here in Central Florida with possibly 3 different clubs. We are playing with the idea of having 3 or 4 different locations to race at and alternate between them each week. One in Palm Coast, Daytona, DeLand and possibly Orlando. I think it is going to be a great class to race in as it will not be about how much money you can spend, but actually how in touch with your car you are and how you drive it.
Nice level playing fields between everyone![sm=biggrin.gif]
Old 09-20-2009, 12:37 AM
rufus2000

Very sweet class, we've been running those here for a while. Definitely fun, plus they look real (no touring car paintjobs).
On large open tracks, I'd suggest something faster like a good 19T. we got bored of the 27T, but those should be good on smaller tracks.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:28 PM
cubnpede82

I'd like to build the HPI cup racer, would this fit in that class of racing...or the new OFNA JL-10??? Basically a spec motor and run what ya brung?? this sounds like something we could start up here...i have a Reedy stockstar too....

Edit: what is the most common entry level TC class, so I can start asking around and getting an Idea of what type of setup I'm going to need to get..........