Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Radios and esc info!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 08:34 PM
fasterbetter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radios and esc info!?!?

Ok so I'm still pretty fresh into this hobby. So maybe we could have some info on how radios and esc's work together and how do I sync my new esc to my radio when I turn brushless?? I have a 10 channel radio and would like to get the most out of it...lost the instructions at least 5 years ago...so I need some help. Anyone experienced with this at all? And if there's a good thread I could read instead please direct me there if it's easier. Thanks
Old 06-29-2015, 08:27 PM
kistner
My Feedback: (10)

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

your esc will come with a manual that describes how to program and calibrate it. I have some that if you have full throttle on when you turn on the esc it puts it in calibration mode. Each one will have its series of blinking lights and beeps that take you through it.

10 channel? you using an air stick radio? It is a little different with a stick radio but it works the same way.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:32 PM
fasterbetter

I think it's 10 channel. I'll check in the morning. Doesn't make a big difference lol....I only have 1 car haha. Ya i did some digging and found that..correct me if I'm wrong...the receiver is connected to the esc. The receiver has a switch which when is turned on it sends signal to esc...which completes circuit for battery to feed motor and.....we have fun time! Do I have it right?
Old 07-01-2015, 07:14 AM
fasterbetter

Hey kistner this is my radio
It's a trigger and wheel buy it says 10 model memory
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20150630_165425.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	3.58 MB
ID:	2106755  
Old 07-01-2015, 09:56 AM
kistner

Perfect. 10 model memory is a great feature and not quite the same as a 10 channel, lol.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:46 AM
fasterbetter

Ya I'm pretty fresh still lol haha. My pinion just backed off on the motor so I'm just about to test run after fixing. I think maybe that was my problem. The teeth looked good inside on the other gear it meets so.....let's see how she goes.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:30 AM
fasterbetter

Ya she rips good now with the pinion tightened lol. Now kistner is a metal or upgraded diff worth it or should I just super glue the diff so it locks?? I've heard of gluing the diff to lock it up for better acceleration and cornering. It really drives like crap when turning considering it's FWD. Have you heard of gluing them?
Old 07-01-2015, 11:50 AM
kistner

I hear of people locking diffs, putting putty in them, as well as changing types to one way diffs, gear diffs, ball diffs. I'll tell you that I really havent messed with any of that in my years of rc. I did change the ball diff in an old rc to a gear diff and I only did that because the old gear diff was pretty crunchy and someone suggested updating to a new gear diff would help my situation.
Old 07-01-2015, 01:57 PM
fasterbetter

I'm actually in the process of getting that info right now lol. Would u like me to post it here for you or anyone else to read??
And apparently gluing them is a really bad idea for FWD...makes more under steer. Ball diff is apparently better.
Old 07-01-2015, 05:56 PM
kistner

sure