Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Kind of new here

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 11:30 PM
Turbo_Tsi95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kind of new here

I'm kind of new here and I just started getting back into RCing when Iwatched some drifter videos.Ihave a Team Losi XXX-S which wasn't ran for a long time... All the batteries are unchargable and the main belt fell apart when Iopened the cover and started to take it off and change it. Here are some pictures of what I'm stuck with for now(I have new parts on the way).

Old 04-04-2010, 04:29 AM
Vietnam RC

Default RE: Kind of new here

To drfiting, your vehicle need using Driver Shaft
Belt for speed bestter than Driver Shaft
Old 04-04-2010, 07:18 AM
SIRCC

the best advice is go to the local rc scene in your neighborhood and ask for help, find out who has one and team up with your new found friend, that car is not a starter friendly car, it's for the more advance driver, about your battery been unchargeable, how old are your batterries
Old 04-04-2010, 07:26 AM
Willystylz

Those batteries can possibly be woken up by continuously discharging/charging them.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:01 AM
SIRCC

yes, they can, depending on the charger you have.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:01 AM
OvalRacer99

My recamendation for waking up your batteries is to start the cycling process at low amp settings, like a 1 or 2 amp charge, and work your way up from there. They probaly will not come back to 100% but should work. I still use some NiCd batteries for my grandson to use to bash around the back yard that are over 15 years old.

Good luck to you.

Old 04-04-2010, 11:11 PM
Turbo_Tsi95

The batteries are about 3 or 4 years old and I can't find the charger anywhere. I bought a new main drivebelt (The yellow one) and I bought a new battery and charger. I also bought a body that needs to be painted ( I want it to look like my real life car :P ). The battery I bought is a3000MAH NIMH 7.2V 6C battery and the charger is a 2hour ACwallcharger 7.2V and I bought it all from superior hobbies online (I have one close to my house but I can wait a little while on the parts.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:18 PM
Turbo_Tsi95

Oh yeah, also I took the car to the little track by my house when I first got the car. Here are my marks of shame lol.