Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Why Don't Photo Field airports show up in G3.50.65?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Why Don't Photo Field airports show up in G3.50.65?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 09:45 PM
RickShane
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why Don't Photo Field airports show up in G3.50.65?

Ihave G3.50.65 andI've downloaded and imported many planes, but when Idownload Photo Fieldairports and import them they say it was imported successfully, but Ican't find them anywhere.Ican get "Other Airports" to import, but anything that says "Photo Field" or a file that ends with "PI" will not show up in my custom folder.What am Idoing wrong? How do Iget the downloaded/imported "Photo Fields"airports to show up? And I'm downloading all the airports that say they are for G3.50.65 or older. Ireally wantto get the UtahModelPort rf._PI
and again that's a PIfile. Help!Thanks!

PROBLEM FIXED!!! Read below....

Old 11-03-2010, 09:12 AM
jzrf6c

Default RE: Why Don't Photo Field airports show up in G3.50.65?

HAve you contacted Realflight support?
Old 11-03-2010, 09:17 AM
RickShane

No Ihaven't They were closed when I posted this. I am able to download someairports and import them,but if it's a "Photo Field" it won't work. I'll call them and see what they say.
Old 11-13-2010, 02:06 PM
zac137

Try running it as administrator. I had the same problem and that sovled it.

Zach

Old 11-15-2010, 09:53 AM
RickShane

ORIGINAL: zac137

Try running it as administrator. I had the same problem and that sovled it.

Zach

How do Iput it in admin mode?
Old 11-15-2010, 11:49 AM
zac137

Just right click on the icon(when first opening the program) and go down to "run as administrator" and that should do it.

Zach

Old 11-17-2010, 11:47 PM
RickShane

Just right click on the icon(when first opening the program)and go down to "run as administrator" and that should do it.

Zach

Iam able to import airports that are a "AP" file, but the photo image "PI" will import just finebut don't show up in my custom folder. Any airport that ends with "PI"will not show up. Ihave the latest version. It's 3.50.65, I'm the anministrator on my computer, and tried to do therun as. When Ido that Ican pick me, or go to the drop down menu and pick me or my son...And still nothing. When I go to the import menu Ican choose from Raw panoramic image... KEX... or G3X.... The files only show up when I select the G3X. Is there something I'm doing wrong or missing?
Old 11-18-2010, 01:13 AM
RickShane

Okay., I got the photo fields to work, But you need to unzip the folder, import from the Raw Panoramic Image, and go into the editor. I really don't know how I did it, but I got 2 different airports to work. Now I just don't know how to save them in the select airport menu.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:37 PM
zac137

Ok, I think I might not have explained what to do very well.
On your main desktop screen right click on the G3.5 icon, and a drop down menu will show, left click on the "run as administrator" and then you will get a dark screen asking your permission to open the program. Click "allow" and then you should be able to open the program as normal. The airports should all be in your custom folder.

If that is what you did let me know and I will do some research and try to recreate the problem on my computer and see if i can give you better advice.

Zach

Old 11-18-2010, 11:08 PM
RickShane

Ok, I think I might not have explained what to do very well.
On your main desktop screen right click on the G3.5 icon, and a drop down menu will show, left click on the "run as administrator" and then you will get a dark screen asking your permission to open the program. Click "allow" and then you should be able to open the program as normal. The airports should all be in your custom folder.

If that is what you did let me know and I will do some research and try to recreate the problem on my computer and see if i can give you better advice.

Zach

PROBLEM FIXED!!! Icalled Real Flight today and fixed the problem. (They are GREAT to workwith, Thanks Alex!)There was a bug when Iupdated to 3.5. I never had any photo fields to start with, and that was my problem. Ya know when you update it, and it asks to install the newer launch screen? Youinstall that, then you have to close it, and open it again so it can refresh. After Idid that, and installed the update to 3.5.065 all of the sudden I had photo fields, and I am now able to import them as well. It all works very well, and teh photofields are beautiful.I just had to uninstall everything andstart from square one. Thanks a lot for all your help Zach!!

Rick