Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Used Realflight with wrong controller, need help`

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Used Realflight with wrong controller, need help`

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 07:29 PM
scooterinvegas
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Used Realflight with wrong controller, need help`

OK, bought a used G4 and G5 from my LHS today at lunch time. I thought it was a full G4 and an G5 upgrade when I seen them at the counter so I bought them for $60 with the controller. Well....... I get home and get to looking at everything, and it looks to be full G4 and G5 WITH A G3 Interlink!

The G3 interlink will not work with the G4. How in the world did G3 interlink, G4 and G5 in up at the hobby shop for sale??? Im going to take it back tomorrow.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:22 AM
opjose

Default RE: Used Realflight with wrong controller, need help`

G5.x will work with the G3 Interlink, provided you separately obtain the upgrade from G3 to G5.x. The upgrade is about $85.00 or so.

If someone sold you G4 however they are REQUIRED to provide you with the G4 Interlink ( it has more buttons ).

Doing otherwise is tantamount to piracy for money, and can get the LHS in a LOT of hot water.

Since it's preferable to have the G4 Interlink, I'd take it back and warn them they CAN NOT sell the software the way they did, it's against the EULA.

They can sell the G3 controller only with G3, and the purchaser must then obtain the G3-G5 upgrade.
However the purchaser will have a controller that will lack some of the buttons G5 can take advantage of, and they cannot run G4 at all.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:35 AM
scooterinvegas

I called him today, he said he will bring the G4 controller to the shop so I can exchange the controller. He said he grabed the wrong one. He said the G5 disk is an upgrade, so can I install the G4 and then use the G5 disk to upgrade it while still using the G4 controller?

I'm totally lost on RF and you help is greatly appreciated. Scoot.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:15 PM
opjose

Yeah if you get the G4 controller and the G5 upgrade, you get the best of both worlds.

You'll actually have both programs G4 & G5, though you could opt only to install G5 if you wish.

The Interlink controller used with G5 is exactly the same as G4.

You'll also be able to download and install the free add-ons ( not the Expansion packs which you must pay for separately if you want them ) plus ALL ( G3, G4 & G5 ) planes from the KnifeEdge swap pages, excepting those that rely upon the Expansion packs ( until you get them... ).

Make sure that he DE-REGISTERS G4/G5 if it is already registered, although there is a way to have KE do this for you...

FYI:

You can install G4/G5 on multiple computers without problems. ( Within reason as KE gets a "count" of the installations back. I've installed it on four or five machines ).

When you go to register the software make sure you write down EXACTLY what you enter during registration.

You can then use this info again on another machine.

The software will only run on the computer that has the Interlink plugged in, but this is great if you have a computer set up as part of an entertainment system.
Install G5 there and when you want to run it on a big screen move to your entertainment system.

Old 01-14-2011, 06:43 PM
scooterinvegas

Thank you for your help. Scoot
Old 01-18-2011, 10:23 AM
opjose

Out of curiosity, did you get this straightened out?

Old 01-25-2011, 10:54 PM
scooterinvegas

Yes. I got the G4 controller for the disk that I bought from him. I haven't loaded it in my computer yet because the video card driver is not working since my last clean install. Ill work on that this weekend. If I have any more problems, I will ask here. Thanks for your help. Scoot