Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Unrealistic Simulation of Giant Scale 3D in Aerofly 5.5?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Unrealistic Simulation of Giant Scale 3D in Aerofly 5.5?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 11:50 AM
Dustflyer
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Unrealistic Simulation of Giant Scale 3D in Aerofly 5.5?

Is it me or do most of the giant scale 3D planes in Aerofly 5.5 fly unrealistically?

I've been a satisfied, long time user of Aerofly Pro Deluxe. I learned all my 3D stuff with that sim. I recently installed the new Aerofly 5.5 on my new iMac, and to me the giant scale 3D plane just don't fly like the real models.

The Edge 540, Extra 330, and Katana have an abnormal tendency to drop a wing or snap when entering harriers, walls, or other 3D maneuvers. The airplanes do not fly like the real models. Only one model in the program, the Edge 260, flies remotely like the actual giant scale model.

I had a world class 3D flyer check out the airplanes and he agrees with me 100%

Second, and even more frustrating, is the inability to set control throw in degrees. The only adjustment available is servo throw, and it's not enough. In the case of the Edge 260, even with servo throw set at the maximum of 150%, the max elevator deflection appears to be around 35 degrees. That's not enough. There is not enough throw to do a wall without climbing.

Last, but not least, Aerofly 5 has lost the great feature of AFPD that allowed you to set the CG graphically with an actual picture of the airplane. You simply moved the CG where you wanted it.

Oh, and where's that great flying Giles?

Aerofly 5 is a nice program, but I think they need to get some more input from top rate flyers and get some patches issued for the airplanes.

Interesting point; my last post regarding this issue was deleted by the moderator. What's going on?