Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Pattern Practice

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 01:06 AM
proparc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pattern Practice

Does anybody use their Realflight sim for dedicated F3A Pattern practice? Is there a sim preference for this type of flying and practice?
Old 04-03-2011, 01:53 AM
proparc

Default RE: Pattern Practice

Nobody uses their sim for Pattern Practice?
Old 04-03-2011, 12:14 PM
BillyGoat

Might want to ask in the Pattern forum.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:43 AM
wingster
My Feedback: (26)

I've been using Reflex xtr for pattern practice for some time now. There is an Integral that can be downloaded from www.rc-sim.de that flies very well. 0ver in the pattern forum there's a group that uses Phoenix.

I've found the simulators useful for developing muscle memery when learning new manuevers. To do the whole pattern is more of a problem since it is difficult to have a perspective on the flight path and airplane position relative to flight line. What would be nice is a simulator that allows you to draw grid lines in the sky and position objects that you can to use for reference. Reflex has one cartoon type scence that has grid lines but if you fly too high the plane disappears.

Some simulators allow you to create your own scenes, but it is not an easy process.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:04 PM
LAdams02

Wow, a Pattern box with some light grid lines on the back plane would be great Suggest it to RF or other sims... Would be a lot more "sim" oriented than the in cockpit "games" they have been adding lately
Old 06-18-2011, 04:40 AM
N11
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agree here with wingster/LAdams02 practicing maneuvers (scale at my end) is tough for orientation - placement if one can offer some of these references that would be awsome [sm=teeth_smile.gif]

Jim
Old 06-27-2011, 11:08 AM
Ryan Douglas

We actually added that exact feature last year in G5.5 (a free update for G5 users). At that same time we added other RC features like Aero Tow and Bungee launch, a timer gadget such as you might use on your radio at the field, improved wind/turbulence and thermals, and a simulated heli tail rotor flight failure.

To turn on the sky grid, from the main RealFlight menu select View->Effects and put a check mark next to Sky Grid. To change the look of the sky grid, simply edit the airport and modify the Sky Grid property. A number of different choices are available.

I hope this helps!
Old 07-02-2011, 04:19 AM
Don Szczur
My Feedback: (1)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

There is a group that practices pattern on the Phoenix simulator. In fact over the last year we had two on-line contest using muti- player with a pilots flying Advanced through FAI. I actually coached someone through intermediate that then flew at his first contest.

In any event, give it a try. See my pattern forum for airplane setups which closely match my F3A model.

Regards,
Don