Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Sorry I'm new to air

Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Sorry I'm new to air

Old 05-29-2011, 10:32 AM
jybrd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sorry I'm new to air

I have a few heli's and a mini super cub and I use the Spektrum DX6i for most of them. I was hoping to get a simulator, but dont have the money to buy a radio for my computer...Is there a way to hook the DX6i up to the PC?
Old 05-29-2011, 02:45 PM
pitts M 12

Default RE: Sorry I'm new to air

you can buy a transmitter interface that goes from the trainer port on a DX6I and plugs into the USB port on a computer, it cost about $15 I have one and use with the sim I use. Hope this helps.

JM
Old 05-29-2011, 11:07 PM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sims like the real flight have a dummy transmitter that comes with the kit, so you don't need to use your transmitter,my RF sim came with a USB cord so I could use my transmitter with it if I wanted to do so.

I am pretty happy with the realflight sim it was worth the extra money to buy it
Old 06-02-2011, 06:42 AM
jybrd

Cool thanks guy! Are the flight sims worth it being that summer is here or near? I was thinking about waiting until winter when I can't fly outside.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:02 AM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use it as a training aid all the time to keep fresh, just having my hands on a transmitter and working on a particular task over and over on the sim so its automatic when I get to the field.

so for my self it wouldn't matter when you get it, the amount of stick time you get at the field is pretty small compared to what you can get off the computer