Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Phoenix flight sim problem with Futaba 6ex- settings

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Phoenix flight sim problem with Futaba 6ex- settings

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 11:43 AM
TNG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phoenix flight sim problem with Futaba 6ex- settings

I'm hoping someone in here can help me out re setting up my Futuba 6EX – Fasst with my Phoenix Simulator

I am using a Futaba 6ex- 2.4 GHz 6 channel Fasst Transmitter, I am new at this and I am not well versed in the terminology for transmitters and do not know how to Disable the CCPM as there is nothing in the FUTABA Manuel that refers to the CCPM? Nor do I know how to set the swash setup to SINGLE SERVO or 90 DEGREES as I am not into Helicopters I only fly planes in Mode 1<o></o>

I have carried out the set up procedure as requested but when I go to use the simulator the throttle stick controls everything ailerons, elevators, rudder and throttle all at once I cannot fix the problem.<o></o>

I have contacted Phoenix they have suggested the following:

PHOENIX REPLY : From your description, you have CCPM/swashplate mixing enabled on your radio.<o></o>

Please do the following:<o></o>

- Create a new, blank model memory in your radio's menu for Phoenix, set to HELI mode<o></o>

- Disable CCPM mixing by setting the swash setup to SINGLE SERVO or 90 DEGREES<o></o>

- Calibrate the radio using the system > your transmitter > calibrate wizard<o></o>

Collective cyclic progressive mixing<o></o>

Best Regards <o></o>

Phoenix<o></o>

<o></o>

PHOENIX REPLY: If you open the system > your transmitter menu from within Phoenix:<o></o>

- Which bars on the display move when you move the throttle stick only? <o></o>

- Do these bars move smoothly from one extent to the other?<o></o>

- Does each of the other sticks (i.e. aileron, elevator and rudder) move a red bar smoothly from one extent to the other?<o></o>

Best Regards <o></o>

Phoenix<o></o>

<o></o>

My reply as requested was <o></o>

<o></o>

I have done as instructed in your email<o></o>

When I move the throttle bars 3 and 4 move up and down together<o></o>

When I move the rudder 1 and 2 bars move up and down together<o></o>

When I move the elevator nothing moves<o></o>

When I move the aileron nothing moves<o></o>

I have no control at all over the aircraft<o></o>

Old 08-24-2011, 11:04 AM
Johnnysplits

Default RE: Phoenix flight sim problem with Futaba 6ex- settings

I have the same transmitter as you and the phoenix sim keeps telling me that there is no interface cable hooked up. I bought an interface cable from GWS...square plug goes into transmitter and the other plug into the computer. What cable are you using? You seem to be further along than me. Ican only get the spektrum Tx that came with the phoenix sim to work but I would rather use the futaba.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:24 PM
Rogb

Default RE: Phoenix flight sim problem with Futaba 6ex- settings

I also have a futaba 6ex, but it has no ppm mode on so have no idea as to how this is going to work.  I have just started in this hobbie and getting a bit long in the tooth, but the instructions seem to be for people who already know about flying aircraft or heli's, how about an idiot guide, think i will be taking phoenix back to the shop who told me my futaba will work , also purchased the square lead that they said i would need, seems as though there is a marketing error when phoenix state will work with ALL futaba Tx's