Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Aerofly 5.5 vs Realflight 5.5 vs Phoenix v3.0

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Aerofly 5.5 vs Realflight 5.5 vs Phoenix v3.0

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 04:02 PM
GruntboyX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerofly 5.5 vs Realflight 5.5 vs Phoenix v3.0

In the market for a simulator. My interests are primarily powered Airplanes.

I have read a lot of this vs That threads, but noticed that there hasn't been a comparison since the new Aerofly 5.5 and Phoenix V3.0 released. Not to mention there has been a new expansion pack for Real Flight. I would like to start a gentleman's discussion on the pro's and cons of each and mainly focus on the updates since the new releases.

I am interested in finding out about:

1. Physics; where there any improvements
2. Development of Custom Models. Can it models be tweaked or can you build your own from the ground up
3. community support ; Who develops new models the most, and what product has the most vibrant community?
4. How the latest updates have improved the sim of choice.

Thing I do seem to observe is that your are going to find a lot of Great Planes models on Real Flight and Hanger 9 and parkzone on Phoenix. It makes sense based on who distributes what product, but there doesnt seem to be a lot of cross pollination.

thoughts?

Old 08-25-2011, 07:06 PM
andizzle

Default RE: Aerofly 5.5 vs Realflight 5.5 vs Phoenix v3.0

i have had realflight for almost a year and its great as long as you remember its just a training aid and once you hit the field its a different ball game. i recently played aerofly and seen video on youtube of aerofly 5 and i have to say come winter when i cant get to the field and i have extra cash i will be buying aerofly 5. flying wise it seems about the same to me but the graphics seem better, and where realflight only runs a 40 frames per second i can get aerofly to look just as good if not better but run 3 to 4 times faster. not sure if that helps you any but for how much they cost i want the best bang for my buck
Old 08-25-2011, 07:10 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: GruntboyX

In the market for a simulator. My interests are primarily powered Airplanes.

I have read a lot of this vs That threads, but noticed that there hasn't been a comparison since the new Aerofly 5.5 and Phoenix V3.0 released. Not to mention there has been a new expansion pack for Real Flight. I would like to start a gentleman's discussion on the pro's and cons of each and mainly focus on the updates since the new releases.

I am interested in finding out about:

1. Physics; where there any improvements
2. Development of Custom Models. Can it models be tweaked or can you build your own from the ground up
3. community support ; Who develops new models the most, and what product has the most vibrant community?
4. How the latest updates have improved the sim of choice.

Thing I do seem to observe is that your are going to find a lot of Great Planes models on Real Flight and Hanger 9 and parkzone on Phoenix. It makes sense based on who distributes what product, but there doesnt seem to be a lot of cross pollination.

thoughts?

This is a forum for Aerofly support and not really the place to debate which Flight Sim is the best.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:27 AM
GruntboyX

That is great feedback. I have been leaning heavily to AeroFly 5.5. I have a great computer and should have no problem running the program with the graphics maxed out. My concern is the support. It seems that the sim is used mainly by our European friends and thus the models reflect that market. Additionally it seems hard to find a demo for it.

BTW thanks to the moderator for moving the discussion.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:04 AM
andizzle

yea i noticed that it seems to be europes answer to realflight or phoneix, support for realflight has been pretty good for me so far. if you have time jump on knifeedge.com, it will give you a list of the add ons they offer for realflight and what planes come with them, plus if you go to the forums and swap pages there are literally hundreds and hundreds of custom paint scemes and planes that you can download for realflight, but the more i see aerofly5 on youtube the more i want it lol
Old 09-07-2011, 07:08 PM
tele1974

Realflight has better 3d physics than Aerofly 5. The graphics in Aerofly are sick. I practice 3d in Realflight and IMAC in Aerofly. I wish the would release some new aerobatic models for Aerofly. You don't have user created models in Aerofly like you do with Realflight. If I was to have one sim... Good question. I would go with RF.