Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Starting an engine

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 01:25 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting an engine

Has anyone other than me wondered why Real Flight does not include a way to start an engine in an airplane that is just sitting somewhere, on or off the runway? They include a way to shut the engines off, why not a way to start them if they are just sitting there? Seems like if they wanted to keep the realism consistent they would have a way to start the engines since they include a way to shut them off.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:48 AM
rs speed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Starting an engine

In all reality you can kill an engine from your remote in real life but really can't start one remotely. Also in game it's useful to kill the engine in random spots and practice dead stick landings in all types of situations. Recently my landing gear failed on one side of my corsair and I killed the engine on final approach so I wouldn't get prop strike... comes in hand sometimes!