Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Phoenix 4 beta horrible?

I went back to version 3 of Phoenix Flight sim, Version 4 beta is horrible and jurky. Wondered why My hover practice was getting worse. version4j, the latest was even worse.

Now I have gone back to version 3, my hovering has improved and sliders can be max, on version 4g even on medium settings it was still not very smooth.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Phoenix 4 beta horrible?

Thanks for the update, I won't upgrade, my computer can barely perform well as it is.
    Tiger 2 brotherhood #14
    The Common flyer, best of the lousiest, and lousiest of the best.

Think version 4 needs much higher specs.

I am running version 3 on my netbook, which works ok.

The first version of beta 4 was ok, but not as smooth as version 3, but verson beta 4g, which I think it's called, is even worse, so seems every newer version so far, is needing higher specs.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have to agree with the jerking that is in the ver 4 update, The other problem it the graphics for the new flying sites. They need to do alot of more work on it before they should release it

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I recently started using Phoenix4 with the "J"update, and while I do get slight stutters on occasion when the frame rate drops below 35 frames per second, most of the time I get a smooth picturewith frame rates above40.

I briefly used Real Flight3 some years back, and was hugely disappointed with the miniature size of their helis,which simply could not be made any bigger on thescreen. I literally needed a microscope to see Real Fights helis, and wound up mothballing it for good after a short, frustrating attempt to use it.That bad experience with Real Flight left a bitter taste for me, and I won't be a customer of theirsin the future,regardless of the number of updated editions thatemerge.

With Phoenix 4 however, you can count the rivets on the helicopter fuselage when you fly it in close, and the flight dynamics are just awesome. The poor performance that some users get out of Phoenix 4J may be entirely due to their computer systems, and not due to any real shortcoming of Phoenix 4j. The online multi-player feature of Phoenix is great as well, with minimal stutters even with several players on line simultaneously.