Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

R F Deluxe & gameport/control w/USB

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

R F Deluxe & gameport/control w/USB

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 06:13 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default R F Deluxe & gameport/control w/USB

I wanted to move my Real Flight Deluxe over to a newer computer that didn't have a game port.

First of all, the Real Flight Version 1.20.071 wouldn't even begin to install but I turned off Norton and it went OK.

I bought the Radio Shack 26-164 Game port to USB adapter that everyone is using with the Dave Brown simulator and plugged it (and my old Real Flight game port controller) into a USB port. It worked in Control Panel and Device Manager but not in Real Flight. I forgot and left it in position #4 on the adapter for "wheel".

I down loaded the Real Flight Deluxe upgrade from the Real Flight site and installed it.

Went into Real Flight and set the controller type to USB Adapter which now showed up as a selection. Then calibrated the controller.

I set the resolution to 1024 X 768

Turned off unnecessary audio

Copied the plane and set the visual resolution to 2.0 X

Wasn't really all that easy but this is what worked for me.

Now I can enjoy my old Real Flight Deluxe on my new USB only computer.

w8ye