Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

G2 Impala (training copter) setup

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

G2 Impala (training copter) setup

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 10:32 PM
egoldberg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G2 Impala (training copter) setup

Does anyone have a setup that will allow hovering?

Ed
Old 09-05-2003, 04:41 PM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got G2 and started playing around with the impala. In my experience, it will NOT hover hands off. Make sure all your trim settings are at neutral to start, and check to see that you have the flight mode selected correctly on the radio (show radio on the gadgets menu). I have had an easier time so far hovering with HH off. Hope this helps you out.

Matt

Oh, and welcome to RCU!
Old 09-05-2003, 07:06 PM
Stormovic
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Impala helicopter behaves in my opinion just like its supposed to. Helicopters are inherently unstable and will not be as easy to fly as an airplane. HH should make it easier to fly as it keeps the tail somewhat tamed. I fly a Raptor and I doubt that I could trim it to hover by itself more than a few seconds at the most. It takes much practice to master the helicopter.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:42 AM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: G2 Impala (training copter) setup

Just as an aside, I spent some time this weekend on the sim, and after a while I reached a point where I could keep the impala within a foot of where I wanted it, then switched over to the "finch". Night and day. That machine is much more challenging. Stormovic speaks the truth. It takes much practice! (and this is only the simulation!)