RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Compter configuration for Realflight 6.5.

Old 12-03-2012, 05:18 PM
CA-RCFlyer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Compter configuration for Realflight 6.5.

Hello
Realflight web site shows optimal configuration to run software would be 2.4ghz cpu, 2gb ram, 512mb video card.
Do you guys think that would be good enough for smooth video etc. Or will I need to get a computer with more that their recomendation.
Looking to buy new computer. What do you consider the optimal comfiguration.

Thanks

Fred
Old 12-04-2012, 06:01 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Compter configuration for Realflight 6.5.

You can adjust the graphics quality so it runs on various systems.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:03 PM
opjose

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Get the fastest multi-core CPU, with the best video card you can afford ( with 512mb+ dedicated vram ), 2+ gigs of main RAM ( 4+ is optimal ) and a big hard drive and you'll be good to go.

I run Realflight on several different computers of different vintages.

I am happiest with it running on an iCore7 system with an Nvidia 560 TI with 1.5 gigs of Vram, 8 gigs of ram, 240gb SSD drive ( for the operating system ), 2 terabyte secondary SATA drive, wireless keyboard mouse, connected to a flat screen TV.

RC Nirvana!

The only thing better is a similiar configuration using a similiar system, with better video cards pushing 3 monitors with Stereoscopic 3D glasses.

Yes you can adjust the quality for various systems, but given current computer prices, opt for the best you can get.... DO NOT scrimp on your video card.

Avoid "Integrated" graphics chipsets such as Intel, etc. You want a discreet graphic adapter with maximum VRAM.

You can avoid an SSD drive and put one in later, but they make your system run oh-so smoothly.

BTW: I run Aerofly 5.x on the same machine. Aerofly's requirements are now higher than Realflight's.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Ernie Misner

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Do any of your computers tend to run hot or warm with Realflight? The only time the motherboard / video card fan comes on is when I run Realflight. The fan noise is kind of annoying.

Thanks, Ernie Misner
Old 12-09-2012, 11:30 AM
opjose

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'll bet you are using a Laptop.

Yup, Realflight uses more of your CPU and GPU because of the 3D rendering and texture handling.

This causes your thermal controls to activate. This is particularly noticible on laptops although GPU fans will also react.

This is standard with any 3D intensive program or game, not an issue or problem with Realflight.

On Desktop units you can sometimes replace fans with quieter or larger fans, use water cooling, etc. to help lower noise.

With laptops, you are stuck with what you purchased, though there are resting pads that have fans in them ( USB powered ) that blow air up into the case to help cooling.

Reducing fan noise and improving cooling is almost a black art.

There have been some attempts to deal with desktop GPU cooling noise, brought about because of reviews and reviewers complaining about "jet like" fans.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:09 PM
Ernie Misner

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

It's an AMD quad core 965 processor, 8G of RAM, desk top, not a lap top. Perhaps I should have gone with an Intel processor. It should not be getting hot and is very annoying.

Thanks loads, Ernie Misner