Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Real Flight 6 Sound

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 06:12 AM
ratshooter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Real Flight 6 Sound

My buddy has the real flight 6 and the sound will not come on most of the time. His son's friend came over one day and switched something on the keyboard of the computor and the soundcameon.

We cannot get it to work. The sound is enabled on the screen and the sound on the computor is turned all the way up. Any ideas?
Old 01-28-2013, 05:29 PM
N1EDM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Real Flight 6 Sound

Look in the lower right of the screen for something that looks like a loudspeaker. Click on it and see if this 'Master Volume' has accidentally been switched to Mute. You can also get into the Control Panel and click on the Sound icon. Fish around in there for the master volume/mute thing as well.

Hope that this helps,

Bob
Old 01-28-2013, 05:44 PM
ratshooter

Thanks for the tip Bob but in the last sentence I wrote that the sound on the computer is all the way up. The only thing that seems to work is to restart the computer but that only works about 1 out of 4 tries.

I suggested he uninstall the program and then reinstall. I also suggested that he call the Real Flight people and see if they have any suggestions. I hate playing it with no sound. Its like being deaf. Or flying an electric.

His sons friend just hit the "M" on the keyboard to unmute. Of course I tried that. I spent an hour with it and couldn't get it to work. And I am normally pretty good on computers unless it gets too deep. But keep any suggestions coming.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:16 PM
N1EDM

Sorry about mis-reading your earlier post... When you said that the sound on the computer was up, I thought that you were referring to the volume control knob... mea culpa.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:39 PM
ratshooter

Hey Bob there is absolutly no need to apologize. I am just glad that someone responded.I most likely didn't use the correct term anyway.

We will eventually get it to working. I just knew someone here would have a ready answer and we could get the sound up and running. I bet it is like all computer BS, something real simple. But until then I will try to get my buddy to call the help # for real flight. The problem is is that he is a truck driver and leaves at about 4am and doesn't get home until about 6 or 7 o'clock. That makes it hard to call for help. Plus he is a complete idiot when it comes to computers. But we will figure out sooner of later.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:14 PM
N1EDM

I hate to ask the obvious but is the connector plugged all the way into the PC? You said that it worked 1 out of 4 times, or something to that effect. A connector that is just barely making contact could fool you (ask me how I know). Or is something else running in the background that might be taking up the sound, like listening to a radio station over the net?

Grasping at straws here, I know, but just asking....

Bob
Old 01-29-2013, 05:57 PM
ratshooter

Hi Bob. I will have my buddy check the connector. And sometimes the obvious stuff is what gets overlooked. Thanks for the tip.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:53 AM
N1EDM

Have you had any luck with this problem, Ratshooter?

Bob
Old 02-03-2013, 10:51 AM
ratshooter

Hello Bob. I haven't been back to my buddies house since I asked this question but did tell him what you said to try. I don't know if he has even turned the computer on since then. If and whenhe tries it and what the results are I will post here. Thanks again for the suggestions.

Thomas.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:25 AM
opjose

Realflight supports 5.1 output... sometimes the number of speakers gets changed in the Windows control panel, which causes Realflight not to produce audio or produce intermitten audio... since it is trying to output to speakers that may not exist.

Check the Windows Control panel audio settings and make sure the speaker count and type match what you actually have.