Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Real flight 6 folder locations

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Real flight 6 folder locations

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 05:06 PM
Stuart Chale

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Real flight 6 folder locations

I had to reload my computer, what fun. I have now migrated all of my user files off the C drive to reduce problems in future reloads.
After reloading RF 6 which updated itself to 6.5 I am having trouble with my custom or downloaded planes and fields. Rela flight is reporting files not found like textures etc and looking in C:\users\Stuart etc instead of D:\users\Stuart etc. Is their a way to change where real flight is looking. I didn't notice it during the install.
Thanks
Old 02-08-2013, 11:57 PM
radcon56

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Real flight 6 folder locations

Hey, I think you have to find where your downloaded files are stored(where you backed them up to) and open real flight and import them one by one back into real flight
Old 02-15-2013, 04:54 AM
Stuart Chale

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The issue turns out to be small 1 kb files that are associated with the imported planes,they are a text file that lists the location of the files.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:29 AM
opjose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Normally when you import files, the simulator modifies the paths as the files are imported.

If you find that these have not been changed, make SURE you redirect your \USER\ folders in Windows to your D: drive.

This may require several registry hacks as Microshaft does not make it easy...

Given the availabily of SSD drives, it is a bit strange that they have not provided an easy way to do so.