Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Phoenix 4

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 05:00 AM
goirish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phoenix 4

Is anyone using v.4 on windows 7? Also, has anyone any thoughts on Phoenix 4 vs. Real Flight 6, I had RF 3.5 and didn't like it at all.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:43 AM
CFIT Gordon

Default RE: Phoenix 4

I happen to own an old copy of Real Flight 3.5, and I wasn't impressed with it from the get-go, because the helis were always so minute in appearance, and lacked the exquisite detail that Phoenix4 offers.

I have no idea how the later versions of Real Flight stack up against Phoenix4, but I never bothered to acquire any later versions  than RF3.5, which is now gathering dust in a desk drawer, while I log may hours weekly on Phoenix 4.  There is no comparison between the two, in my opinion. 
Old 12-06-2012, 06:53 PM
dheaton

I use the Phoenix 4 on windows 7 and 8 with no problems. My only problem is Iam a pro with the sim. and a total crasher in real flight. I have not figured out how to make the sim real enough so it can teach me to fly.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:11 AM
mike1974
My Feedback: (1)

I have been using Phoenix 4 on Win7 since 4 was released. Never had a problem. Just used it yesterday for about 2 hours.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:37 PM
jsynal
My Feedback: (1)

I just got Phoenix v4 & can't figure out out how to make it work. I'm using a futaba 6ex. Ican got all the controls to do the little dance in setup except the throttle. When I try the plane out it just does all sorts of weird stuff & I have no control. I tried the help button for the user manual but got no manual. Anyone able to help out there?
Old 01-29-2013, 08:20 AM
dheaton

Ihad a simular problem when I first set up my radio. I am not using the Futaba but it may help you as well. I went through the process step by step and just looked passed the screen that told me to center all sticks. I left the throttle all the way down instead of in the middle and that caused all kinds of problems. The other thing I did wrong was I did not choose the heli option in the begenning. You are supposed to.
Hope that helps. Let me know

ORIGINAL: jsynal

I just got Phoenix v4 & can't figure out out how to make it work. I'm using a futaba 6ex. Ican got all the controls to do the little dance in setup except the throttle. When I try the plane out it just does all sorts of weird stuff & I have no control. I tried the help button for the user manual but got no manual. Anyone able to help out there?
Old 02-05-2013, 01:59 AM
Billville

ORIGINAL: dheaton

I use the Phoenix 4 on windows 7 and 8 with no problems. My only problem is I am a pro with the sim. and a total crasher in real flight. I have not figured out how to make the sim real enough so it can teach me to fly.
Have you tried to adjust the time factor to make it react quicker?

I did this on Realflight and it felt more realistic.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:58 AM
AwwNaww

I also am using Phoenix 4 on win 7 without problems. When I set up the spektrum transmitter that I am using, I somehow fubarred the advanced calibration. When I used the quick setup all was fine. It works well for me. In retrospect, I may have had throttle at idle rather than center position when I first tried to calibrate.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:24 AM
AshC01

Phoenix works perfect with my 6EX. As per above, make throttle stick is at idle when calibration is done.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:33 AM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Phoenix 4 only drives an old PCM10 JR TX. It just won't drive any of my newer JR TX's, (10X and 12X). What I mean is the software either doesn't recognize the newer TX's or it just refuses to calibrate with the newer TX's attached.

Now the old PCM10 stopped working too. I'm sending everything back to HH. I suspect a software problem with the P4
Old 05-15-2013, 08:13 AM
opjose

ORIGINAL: MTK

My Phoenix 4 only drives an old PCM10 JR TX. It just won't drive any of my newer JR TX's, (10X and 12X). What I mean is the software either doesn't recognize the newer TX's or it just refuses to calibrate with the newer TX's attached.

Now the old PCM10 stopped working too. I'm sending everything back to HH. I suspect a software problem with the P4
I'm running it just fine with 10X's, 11x's and an XG-11.

Did you set your TX's up in HELI mode as per the instructions?