RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

RealFlight and Number of Installations

Old 04-28-2013, 05:30 PM
GarySS
My Feedback: (13)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RealFlight and Number of Installations

Question: Does RealFlight/Knife Edge limit the number of installations of their 6.5 software? I would like to buy a box and first start it on a laptop, but then reinstall it on a much more powerful laptop in about a year. But am I prohibited per the licence agreement? I suppose I could just call them to be sure.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:45 AM
da Rock

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RealFlight and Number of Installations

ORIGINAL: GarySS

Question: Does RealFlight/Knife Edge limit the number of installations of their 6.5 software? I would like to buy a box and first start it on a laptop, but then reinstall it on a much more powerful laptop in about a year. But am I prohibited per the licence agreement? I suppose I could just call them to be sure.

License agreements restrict the number of computers you have the software installed on, not how often the software can be moved from one to another. With pc software, you usually just call the developer when you choose to move the software to a different pc.

Calling them certainly makes sense, as they can clear this up in a heartbeat.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:31 PM
GarySS
My Feedback: (13)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

OK, I got RealFlight Support called...........the wait time wasn't too bad. Short answer is I can install RealFlight software on as many owned computers as I like. But I can register only one computer at a time for the updates and downloads, etc. If I want to change the registration to a different computer, which is what I am contemplating, that is no sweat as I just log on with a password and initiate the computer change myself.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:45 AM
opjose

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Actually you CAN register it on multiple computers at the same time as long as you use the SAME registration info on each one and you use the same Interlink.

This does not violate the EULA ( according to Knifeedge ) as you are still limited to running the program on one machine at a time.

KE states that they do monitor registration/installations and will disable accounts that are being abused.

I have RF installed on four different computers and all receive updates w/o problems.