Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

flight simulators

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 10:31 AM
Ilovmyrcs
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flight simulators

What is the best flight simulator, that would be like flying a RC plane at a field? I tried a real flight 6 and it seemed like the plane was a little spot when you got out away from the run way, even on a 84" screen. are any others better? thanks
Old 12-31-2013, 01:47 PM
drube

You can change your views on the sim but in real life when your plane gets too far away it turns into a little spot. Real Flight 6 is a good sim.
Old 01-01-2014, 04:22 AM
Ilovmyrcs

Yes but the simulator seems like you have to keep the plane right over the run way to keep it in good view. I have tried to change the view, but the plane still gets small quickly.
Old 01-01-2014, 04:24 AM
Ilovmyrcs

The real flight is the only one I have tried, Just wanted to know if they all do the same, or if there is a better one?
Old 01-07-2014, 01:20 PM
opjose

You can turn off "keep ground in view" mode and zoom into the plane by hitting the plus key on the keypad.

You can also turn on the "binoculars" widget that brings up another small window that always shows the plane at a fixed size.

This lets you see it's orientation no matter where it is at and is a much better option, though eliminate it as soon as possible.

However as others have hinted, your REAL plane gets small very fast if you fly it away from you while at the field.

A problem endemic with all flight sims is the size of your computer screen monitor. The smaller the screen size the smaller the relative image of the plane.
To get a 1 to 1 correspondence you would need a pretty big TV screen well over 70" in size.

That said Realflight and other sims look VERY good on large screen TV's and there is far less of a problem with the plane being too small.

I advise new flyers to learn how to fly the plane NOT by looking at the orientation of the fuselage, but rather by how the plane responds to your control inputs.

This is something a sim can teach very well. By learning this trick you'll be better able to recover from situations where you realize that you don't know which way the plane is pointed or flying. ( hint: flying the plane out until it IS a dot on the screen and turning on smoke helps a lot. )
Old 01-08-2014, 04:53 AM
Ilovmyrcs

Does anyone know, what is considered to be the top or best simulators available?
Old 01-08-2014, 09:04 AM
opjose

Eh,

Realflight
Aerofly
Phoenix
Old 01-14-2014, 05:24 PM
magnum

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try going to Simulation>Settings and under Camera change the Field of view to 90 Degrees. It defaults to 30. I find the 90 works better for me.