RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Phoenix 5 out soon!

Old 02-02-2014, 08:20 AM
WarCowboy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Exclamation Phoenix 5 out soon!

Just starting the coming version 5 topic.

The new version is a complete rendition of flight physics and user customization about to be released.
And as some of you may be happy to hear about as I am, they have released the chains on the model creation ability, allowing the import of completely custom CAD designs that surely will have the phoenix owners creating a plethora of design creations that will be free source for all to enjoy.

Sources>

http://www.horizonhobby.de/phoenix-rc-flight-simulator-5-0.html
Old 02-04-2014, 08:03 AM
WarCowboy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

While we wait in anticipation for V5 update to be released, please come join the new forum specifically laid out for Phoenix owners. There will be a huge data base once I am finished consolidating many user customized Skins, scenery, sound files and the up coming CAD models that will be inevitable once the update arrives!

http://phoenixrc.forumotion.com/

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Phoenixforums.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	1965342  

Last edited by WarCowboy; 02-04-2014 at 08:08 AM.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:11 AM
verendrye
My Feedback: (6)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have been trying to get a three position flap switch to work in Phoenix. What happens is that I either get full up or full down with no intermediate displacement. If the range is precisely set , the flaps flutter between full up and full down. I am using a Dx7 with the flap switch. I have also tried using a Dx9 assigning the rotary knob, with the same results. The Horizon help guy insists that I have the range set improperly. I tested the flap by setting up a 6 channel receiver with servos. It worked exactly as expected. The same transmitter does produce 1/2 flap deflection in FS-1 as well. Any suggestions.

thanks
Old 02-06-2014, 10:52 AM
opjose

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by verendrye View Post
I have been trying to get a three position flap switch to work in Phoenix. What happens is that I either get full up or full down with no intermediate displacement. If the range is precisely set , the flaps flutter between full up and full down. I am using a Dx7 with the flap switch. I have also tried using a Dx9 assigning the rotary knob, with the same results. The Horizon help guy insists that I have the range set improperly. I tested the flap by setting up a 6 channel receiver with servos. It worked exactly as expected. The same transmitter does produce 1/2 flap deflection in FS-1 as well. Any suggestions.

thanks
Phoenix treats inputs as "buttons" or "axis".

If the former, then Phoenix treats the input as a toggle and you get what you describe.

If the latter, then you get a range of movement, e.g. via a knob.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:11 PM
verendrye
My Feedback: (6)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I did not find any option to select buttons or axis, but I did discover that in the calibration step, with the flap control starting out in the midle posiion, led to recognition of the three position flaps. With it, I was able to land the 60-sized Spitfire quite easily. With full or no flaps it can be quite challenging. Thanks opjose, for the help. Several tries with the Horizon help, did not help at all.I am anxious to install version 5. We use Phoenix in a University Club setting, and start newbees out with the simulator, advance to buddy-boxed embers, and frequently have students solo within two hours. We fly inside a large multi-purpose building twice a month.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:42 AM
driftair
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Can anyone confirm that the company developing and supporting PhoenixRC Flight Simulator has gone out of buisness? Their web site still exists, but all their servers appear to be down, how long this has been the case I do not know. I have the impression that they have found being generous enough to offer free upgrades proved so unprofitable that they went out of business.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:03 PM
AwwNaww

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I had phoenix 4 (s, I think) on a windows 7 machine and got the "upgrade to 5.0" a number of months back. I've been around long enough to not jump until the beta testers get done with such upgrades. I just downloaded 5.0 and it seems to work fine. The download was painless but lengthy as there were a lot of files and tutorials. I haven't gone through everything in detail but I do think it is an improvement over the most mature version of 4. I have not messed with model builder yet. I can say that the servers were updating this afternoon. I even downloaded some more models.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:10 PM
driftair
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi AwwNaww,
Interesting that you managed to connect at all. I have tried with both Firefox and Internet Explorer and both have had problems.
With Firefox I get; Alert, 425 Can't open data connection.
With Internet Explorer I get ; •Make sure the web address ftp://109.228.14.57 is correct.
That still looks like there servers are offline to me. I guess the other possibility is that I have some firewall settings or something that may be preventing access to that IP/URL!
P.S. I also have the same type of connection failure issues when I try to start an online multi-player session connection.

Last edited by driftair; 07-21-2014 at 09:12 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:09 AM
AwwNaww

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have never tried to use multi-player so I can't comment on that. I just went to the "system" folder after opening Phoenix 4 and clicked update. I use IE. After I played with Phoenix 5 long enough to see everything seemed fine, I downloaded some new models. It was all seamless. Best of luck, I cannot begin to say what is cocking up for you.