Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Help...just crashed my Real Flight G2.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Help...just crashed my Real Flight G2.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 06:42 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Help...just crashed my Real Flight G2.

I was using my simulator and having a blast as usual, and in a moment of madness went into Options and clicked on Full Screen. A message came on to say that the system would be going into that mode shortly and gave an instruction on how to turn it off which I ignored. I then pressed "okay" and the monitor screen immediately went blank.

Each time I restart the computer and try to load the programe the same thing happens , the screen goes blank and all the monitor adjustment button lights start blinking. What should I do to retrive the programe. Talk about the devil finding work for idle hands.Thanks for your help guys.
Old 09-24-2003, 07:45 PM
SeenMCrash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help...just crashed my Real Flight G2.

Well, I'm not really an advanced computer guy, but I'd recommend simply uninstalling and reinstalling the software. You'll lose your custom planes and fields, unless you save them to a different location and put them back after you are done reinstalling. -Andrew
Old 09-24-2003, 11:07 PM
Elwood
My Feedback: (2)

Have the manual? It should be on your PC or the CD.
Old 09-25-2003, 11:01 AM
Maxime

Delete de Realflight.ini file in the main Realflignt directory. You will have to readjust custom settings such as screen resolution etc. But you will not loose custom planes and field.

I've had the problem you described several times. Seems like when you switch to full screen, sometimes the game wants to go to a higher resolution that your monitor or videocard can support. In my case, it seemed to happen mostly after a graphics driver upgrade.
Old 09-25-2003, 12:11 PM
karolh

How and where can I locate the Real Flight Directory?? Thanks
Old 09-26-2003, 07:24 PM
karolh

Thanks to all who responded, I chickened out not being very technical where computers are concerned and opted for the easy way, uninstalled the program and reinstalled it, took a few minutes....problem solved.