RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Phoenix v4 Multiplayer sound

Old 02-17-2014, 03:00 AM
cubaneight

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Question Phoenix v4 Multiplayer sound

A group of us have begun using Phoenix v4 in multiplayer. Problem is that whenever more than two users are logged on (any two) we lose the voice comms (sim sound, engines, wind etc not affected) or it breaks up so badly that it's unusable. If it's any two players on their own, then voice chat works perfectly. The sim itself works OK.

Any ideas please?

C8
Old 02-17-2014, 08:17 AM
3d Marky

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I've been in the flying session with Cuban 8 and we have discovered the problem only exists when a third person connects into voice mode. Sound is then completely broken or lost between the users.

After contacting Phoenix they tell me the software uses "Peer To Peer" linking implying sound is not accessed through their server.

We are desperately trying to find a solution as to why the sound works fine with 2 users and crashes when 3 people or more enter the session. Strange thing is only the sound is effected. Video and model engine noise is unaffected.

If anyone else uses this software with others in voice chat mode we would like to hear from you.