Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

frames per second ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 05:58 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default frames per second ?

It's been years since I wondered what the fps were. Well, I just moved to a Windows 8.1 pc and thought I'd see what it was giving me. And realized I'd forgotten almost everything about fps in RF.

Help...
Old 04-18-2014, 12:39 PM
opjose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you trying to find out what you are getting in Realflight?

If so FPS is in the navguide.

Edit the displayed widget list via the menu to include the FPS readout.

Then go back to the sim and hit "1" to activate the navguide and see the FPS readout among other things.

Realflight does best in full screen exclusive mode.

Some WIn8.1 systems have problems letting DX9 programs switch to full screen mode.

This is more a function of the installed drivers, available memory and video graphics system capabilities.

The better the hardware the better the results.

That said I have Realflight 6 & 7 running just fine and decent FPS numbers to boot on a laptop system with an HD4000 Integrated chipset and a high end Nvidia GPU.

I've used Realflight without noticing that I did not enable the Nvidia GPU at all and I was utilizing the HD4000 alone.

Last edited by opjose; 04-18-2014 at 12:42 PM.
Old 05-03-2014, 10:29 AM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A FPS (frames per second) above 60 will give you a very good result. Your monitor may only refresh at that rate. FPS can vary between Photofields and 3d (computer generated) fields. Most recent desktops with a $100 graphics cards can render very acceptable results. As with anything, the more you spend, the better you get (to a point).
Old 05-04-2014, 05:06 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had forgotten it was in the navguide. Just wanted to see how this graphics card and cpu was dealing with it. This is a capable gaming machine and does pump out the fps.