Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Real Flight 7.5 view issue

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Real Flight 7.5 view issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 05:25 PM
AllModesR/C

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Default Real Flight 7.5 view issue

In my RF 7.5 when I click view and camera type I can not select any other choice than fixed position. And when I click on camera position the only choice I get is pilot spawn. Does anyone know why? It is like this with all aircraft even the quad drones.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:48 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's been that way for a couple of releases.

Why? The designers either don't care about offering more power, don't know how to do so in today's environments or don't have the manpower or budget. It's not unusual for software companies to focus their manpower on current marketplace issues and set back other projects in order to keep pace with the public's latest interests. (That has usually been graphics advancements.)
Old 11-17-2014, 06:02 PM
AllModesR/C

It is very strange they put the option into the software when the feature does not really exist.
Old 11-26-2014, 09:32 PM
AllModesR/C

I just found that the chase and FPV option does indeed work but only at certain flight areas. For example it does work at Joe's Garage, I was flying so far away from the airport I got lost, LOL

Last edited by AllModesR/C; 11-26-2014 at 10:04 PM.
Old 12-27-2014, 11:53 AM
opjose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by da Rock
It's been that way for a couple of releases.

Why? The designers either don't care about offering more power, don't know how to do so in today's environments or don't have the manpower or budget. It's not unusual for software companies to focus their manpower on current marketplace issues and set back other projects in order to keep pace with the public's latest interests. (That has usually been graphics advancements.)
huh?

The correct answer is that the OP is using a 2D airfield with only one spawn point.

if he chooses a 3D airport he can switch view points.

it has been that way for more than a couple of releases....
Old 12-27-2014, 08:21 PM
AllModesR/C

It would be real interesting if they added a GPS navigation tool and full size airports like ORD or LAX that you could fly to. That would be awesome.
Old 01-09-2015, 10:06 AM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is an RC sim, not a general aviation sim. If you want that check out MS Flight Sim or X-Plane.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:42 PM
RichinTx

I think you can only have other views at fields that are graphically generated. I noticed that I could only have the fixed views at the photo fields...where the surrounding scenery is made up of photos. At the fields where the surrounding terrain is computer graphics I can select the other views.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:14 PM
opjose

Originally Posted by RichinTx
I think you can only have other views at fields that are graphically generated. I noticed that I could only have the fixed views at the photo fields...where the surrounding scenery is made up of photos. At the fields where the surrounding terrain is computer graphics I can select the other views.
Correct, and if one thinks about it, that makes sense.

"Panorama" airfields are basically 2D photos projected onto the inside of a virtual circle, the center of which is the pilot's view point.

Collisions at these 2D airfields are handled by imposing an invisible 3D object onto the image in the background. That gives the illusion of a plane crashing into something in the photo.

If you shift the pilot's viewpoint, the illusion is broken, and the collision objects also appear displaced.

This is how most panoramic sims display their airfields.

3D ( laughingly called "4D" by another sim ) airfields are completely computer generated

Since the entire "world" is mathematically generated, the pilots view point can be moved with perspective, 3D and parallax all coming out correct, so much so that you can take these fields one step further and even use Stereoscopic 3D for depth perception.

3D RC fields are of course much harder to render, require better graphics engines and more processing power.

It is unfortunate that the graphics engines in 3D RC sims has not yet approached the fidelity of top tier computer & video games. In turn that causes many neophytes to exclaim that 3D RC sim airfields look very "cartoony" or "unrealistic" compared to 3D airfields.

Yet you can't have leaves fall off a tree when you clip it with a plane in a panoramic airfield, you can't move the view point, etc. etc. etc.

Last edited by opjose; 01-09-2015 at 08:16 PM.
Old 02-08-2015, 07:18 AM
gliderguy100

Thanks for clarifying the airfields choice for the camera position option. I had read that those views were only available at some airfields but had not yet found them. (just got this thing a couple days ago). That's fun! I like the "chase" position with the Yak 54. pretty sweet. But I have another question... about aero towing scenario. It says to use channel 8 t release the tow line but I'm using just a 6 channel Spektrum radio. Is there some other way to release the to line? I've tried about everything I can think of with no luck. Thanks.
Old 02-08-2015, 03:33 PM
AllModesR/C

I don't know how to release the line either.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:20 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The "O" key should release the towline.
Old 02-19-2015, 12:54 PM
f16man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Real flight is to train for rc flight without crashing not gaming IMO.