RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Two new RC sims

Old 12-01-2014, 02:23 AM
sgrad120

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Two new RC sims

Hi guys. I've spent the last few weeks developing free RC games called Warbirds RC and Warbirds RC Heli... available on google play (play.google.com) for Android phones and tablets.

I have Phoenix and Clearview, so the flight physics is more or less modelled on them. Don't expect too much, I'm just one guy, but hey, they're free (and ad free) so they're good fun when you're sitting around with your phone with nothing to do!!!

Let me know what you think.

Cheers
Steve g
Old 12-02-2014, 04:37 PM
Rob2160

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by sgrad120 View Post
Hi guys. I've spent the last few weeks developing free RC games called Warbirds RC and Warbirds RC Heli... available on google play (play.google.com) for Android phones and tablets.

I have Phoenix and Clearview, so the flight physics is more or less modelled on them. Don't expect too much, I'm just one guy, but hey, they're free (and ad free) so they're good fun when you're sitting around with your phone with nothing to do!!!

Let me know what you think.

Cheers
Steve g
Thanks Steve, I'll dig out my old Galaxy Tab and give them a go.. It has been feeling neglected since I got the iPad mini.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:21 PM
sgrad120

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Cool thanks Rob. I'm more of a software guy than an actual flier... been doing updates for it... tomorrow it'll have adjustable sensitivity for flight controls, which is a must. Feel free to let me know if it stinks!!!! (or how I can improve the flight. I am an enthusiast and that's why it's free...
Old 12-04-2014, 05:08 PM
Rob2160

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Cool thanks Rob. I'm more of a software guy than an actual flier... been doing updates for it... tomorrow it'll have adjustable sensitivity for flight controls, which is a must. Feel free to let me know if it stinks!!!! (or how I can improve the flight. I am an enthusiast and that's why it's free...
Hi Steve,

Didn't realise you are in Cairns.

I managed to try the sim today. My Galaxy tab is the original version which is 4 years old now but the program runs ok.

I like the clean interface and on screen controls. I am a mode 1 flyer so the mode 2 only controls will take getting used to.

Nice detail on the aircraft and cool that you can see the control surfaces move also. Very polished!!

To be honest I think it will be difficult to fully evaluate the flight models using the on screen joysticks but I will give it a go.

I worked with a number of PC sim developers in the late 90's to help them improve the aerodynamics in the sims.

Just for a laugh, get a copy of Hornet Korea by Graphsim - the aircraft flew ok in positive G but when operating with negative G they forgot the - (minus sign) for calculating induced drag.

The more negative G you pulled, the faster the aircraft would fly. LOL even with the motors shut off. I sent them detailed information and flight test results but they never fixed it.

Here is my original review of it back in 2000

Last edited by Rob2160; 12-04-2014 at 05:17 PM.
Old 12-04-2014, 05:25 PM
sgrad120

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by Rob2160 View Post
Hi Steve,

Didn't realise you are in Cairns.

I managed to try the sim today. My Galaxy tab is the original version which is 4 years old now but the program runs ok.

I like the clean interface and on screen controls. I am a mode 1 flyer so the mode 2 only controls will take getting used to.

Nice detail on the aircraft and cool that you can see the control surfaces move also. Very polished!!

To be honest I think it will be difficult to fully evaluate the flight models using the on screen joysticks but I will give it a go.

I worked with a number of PC sim developers in the late 90's to help them improve the aerodynamics in the sims.

Just for a laugh, get a copy of Hornet Korea by Graphsim - the aircraft flew ok in positive G but when operating with negative G they forgot the - (minus sign) for calculating induced drag.

The more negative G you pulled, the faster the aircraft would fly. LOL even with the motors shut off. I sent them detailed information and flight test results but they never fixed it.

Here is my original review of it back in 2000
Hey Rob... will be adding modes to the controller shortly... I know the helicopter guys will appreciate it

Thanks for the kind words... Basically I just thought that people might like to have a look at what is really a personal project. I can send you a zip file with an .exe (PC executable) to fly if you like... it uses a keyboard keys to control it though I'd love to spend a bit of time coding a controller interface... So little time (sigh). Even with just keys it would give you a much better idea of the flight physics. It's also way easierto land and do tricks like hovering. It's always hard to simulate a controller on a touch screen... you don't get 'feel' like you do from sprung self-centring sticks. Anyway thanks again... Will have a look at the Hornet game...
Old 12-04-2014, 05:34 PM
Rob2160

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey Rob... will be adding modes to the controller shortly... I know the helicopter guys will appreciate it

Thanks for the kind words... Basically I just thought that people might like to have a look at what is really a personal project. I can send you a zip file with an .exe (PC executable) to fly if you like... it uses a keyboard keys to control it though I'd love to spend a bit of time coding a controller interface... So little time (sigh). Even with just keys it would give you a much better idea of the flight physics. It's also way easierto land and do tricks like hovering. It's always hard to simulate a controller on a touch screen... you don't get 'feel' like you do from sprung self-centring sticks. Anyway thanks again... Will have a look at the Hornet game...
The .exe file sounds good, I'll pm my email address.
Old 12-05-2014, 04:47 PM
sgrad120

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by Rob2160 View Post
The .exe file sounds good, I'll pm my email address.
Send your email address to sgrad120@gmail.com, I'll send you a download link for the .zip file (assuming you're on PC)