Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Help: Phoenix Flight Sim Stuck in 3D Graphics Mode

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Help: Phoenix Flight Sim Stuck in 3D Graphics Mode

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 08:54 AM
BSquared18

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help: Phoenix Flight Sim Stuck in 3D Graphics Mode

Hi,

I'm not talking about 3D aerobatics here. Talking instead about the 3D stereo viewing mode in Phoenix 5w.

I was using the 3D mode with some of the 3D flying sites that are designed for that. Then, when I switched back to the 2D sites I'd been using before, they now have the red/blue divisions similar to those found in the 3D sites.

I turned off the Enable Stereo 3D in System --> Program Setup, but that didn't help. (It had been on while I was viewing in 2D before without causing any problems. Apparently being on is the default.)

I tried restarting Phoenix and rebooting the computer. Neither helped.

I then tried Windows System Restore but it wouldn't work, even in Safe Mode.

Finally, I deleted the Phoenix program and reinstalled it. The problem still persists: even for the 2D sites, the 3D double image appears.

The computer is a high-end gaming computer, about a year old. Running Windows 8. Haven't had any problems before, and graphics in other programs such as X-Plane are working fine.

I'm at the hair-pulling-out stage, having tried all the "usual suspects."

Unless someone has a bright idea, I'll email my problem to Phoenix's world-wide support, which seems to respond about half the time.

Any ideas?
Bill
Old 04-20-2015, 08:08 PM
opjose

This is a problem with Windows itself.

If you are using an Nvidia card, go into the NVidia control panel, enable stereo 3D, exit, then disable Stereo 3D.
Old 04-21-2015, 05:41 AM
BSquared18

You're a genius! Fixed the problem. Why, oh why, didn't I come to this forum earlier? Would have saved several hours of work.

By the way, I looked at your collection of models. Wow!

Bill