Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Orientation Training feature in RC flightsims

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Orientation Training feature in RC flightsims

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 10:37 AM
jetmanhuss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Orientation Training feature in RC flightsims

Hi.

This one is quoted from my last post on my blog/website:

One of the most thrilling features I've implemented in my 'Scratch-Built RC Legends' RC models for X-Plane 10 is aimed for beginners.
A known and frustrating matter for a beginner RC pilot is that once he or she hits the throttle, their flying, living RC model's 'Event Log' is growing rapidly, and each second that pass makes the spatial situation and conception more complex, mainly due the very low orientation and handling skills.

What I've decided, is to give the pilot a choice of 'Freezing' the model, up in the air, at a desired point, while all the physics is still running.
The model will fly but will not lose height nor change it's position.
It is possible to select a desired point of view, and start practicing orientation, especially when the model flies inbound (pointing at the pilot).

Because the physics is still running, it is possible to practice some handling aspects as stalls, spins, single engine operation and more.
Once decided, the model can be 'released' and set free to the skies! (see the demo video below):

If you are interested in a realistic and advanced RC simulation you can read more at http://www.vskylabs.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJvY0atxfu8