RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

RC Real Flight simulator

Old 10-15-2015, 11:51 PM
JB32

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RC Real Flight simulator

I'm new to this forum so Hi guys
I purchased Real Flight Sim some years ago when I was using windows 98 but soon after I was forced to give up all hobbies to care for my sweet Wife's 24 hour care after her stroke which went on for all those years until she passed away last year 2014. I recently tried to use the sim but found it wouldn't work so I contacted Real Flight to ask for help. I was shocked to get a reply that it was no longer usable after windows 98 was discontinued I had the full set along with the interface control. I'm now told I need to purchase the whole thing again. I'm not an IT person, but I have to ask why can't they just have a `fix` to update to windows Vista etc ?
Is there any other RC flight supplier I could use their software and use my interface I have ?
Regards. to all. John
Old 10-17-2015, 06:48 AM
Tom Nied

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

It's how all this wonderful high tech stuff is produced. It has a usable life and then becomes obsolete. I'm no IT wizard but I'll bet it would be easier/cheaper to just buy the next generation of simulator than to try to get what you have running. I'm running Realflight 3.5 on a Windows 7 computer, and it works just OK. Would love to have something newer. RF7.5, $170 from Tower http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXERVF&P=ML
Old 10-17-2015, 10:06 AM
JB32

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Tom, It seems you are correct in your thinking on this High tech way of business. It confuses me about the way these products are sold and then some how when time goes bye and it's no longer useable the blame is pointed at ` Windows no longer supports it` Does this mean that these companies have some kind of Limited contract with Windows for every product they develope ? If this is so then why doesn't windows have a `fix` so that good honest customers can continue to use a product that was Contracted to the user who wasn't informed about the `limited` usable time ?
Microsoft Flight Simulator come to mind here, I'm able to continue using that for every windows upgrade ?
Old 10-21-2015, 02:19 AM
JB32

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Problem solved I've purchased a far better Sim than the Real Flight. The Pheonix RC5 W
Old 10-21-2015, 05:56 AM
Tom Nied

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Good for you, I'm jealous. I would upgrade, but I fear that would also require getting a new computer. How did you decide on the Phoenix?
Old 10-24-2015, 06:21 AM
JB32

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well Tom I decided to search around because of the not good experience I had with Real Flight after sales people who didn't even try to help me But I'm so pleased that I did find this Phoenix setup and it's ok with windows XP, Vista, and beyond, even windows 10 that I don't use to date
Why do you think that you would need to get a new computer because the specs needed for the real flight are just the same for the Phoenix. I can also configure my Spektrum DX 5e controller with the USB lead provided too.
There's so much more to this new setup that I've not yet had the time to experiment. I'm useing the Piper Cub plane because I have the very same model I built a few years back, so I'm now training with that to get my skills back to Normal after many years out of touch with flying in the fields.
Sorry for the delay in answering you mate, but I thought I would have been informed of any replies in my emails, this didn't happen.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:04 AM
Tom Nied

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

No problem with the time of your response. Sometimes RC Universe replies go to my Spam folder.

I guess I think that I might need a new computer is that when I tried to download the video demonstration of the Phoenix, it wouldn't run because I have something missing.
Old 10-24-2015, 10:33 AM
JB32

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Tom contact this address and they will help you with your missing link, they are very quick and helpfull. But it has to be a working day, not wekend. and they seem to be in America and are 5 hours behind the UK time.
support@pheonix-sim.com.
Old 10-24-2015, 01:30 PM
Tom Nied

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I will have to check it out next week. Thanks