Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Problem - Phoenix Flight Sim with Windows 10

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Problem - Phoenix Flight Sim with Windows 10

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 04:48 AM
Air Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem - Phoenix Flight Sim with Windows 10

Hi All,

Hoping someone can help me with a problem I am having running Phoenix Flight Sim running on Windows 10. Upgraded my PC from Windows 7 to 10 and needed to re install Phoenix FS which was version 3. Installed okay and did a number of upgrades to version 5.h. Problem is get the start menu as below but once I click on start get an immediate error Windows has encountered a problem with phoenix flight sim.exe and no matter what I try cannot resolve the problem.

Thanks in advance
Paul
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	pheonix.PNG
Views:	7016
Size:	563.2 KB
ID:	2135885  
Old 12-15-2015, 05:31 PM
theylmun

I have the same problem. my computer updated itself to windows 10 pro on 12/14/15 and since then, my phoenix rc crashes. I even tried to reinstall and run the earlier phoenix rc version and I got the same problem. I think the problem is something in the windows update that hosed the install. If I find out I will post back.
Old 12-16-2015, 12:42 AM
Air Works

Thanks for the response. I have tried installing from the original disk then performing the updates and finally updating the NVIDIA graphics drivers but no joy. Interestingly it looks like there are newer updates available i.e. higher than version H but the updater does not seem to detect any higher than H and when manually getting the .pkg file of higher number H onwards they appear to contain PDF files only. let me know if you find a solution and likewise I will update if I resolve the issue

regards
Paul
Old 12-19-2015, 05:37 AM
theylmun

Hello Paul. FYI, I just tried version .i and have the same issues. the problem seems to be in the window update. one question. do you have windows 10 pro? I have a surface 3 tablet which is what is not working and it has windows 10 pro. my other computer that does work is not windows 10pro. Another question, do you know of any forum related to any questions on phoenixrc? I know alot of people that use phoenixrc but I don't understand why it is so hard to find any forum or support site. even the support email that I got from phoenixrc, my email client says its invalid. Guess my decision a month or so ago to go with phoenixrc vs realflight was the wrong decision. If you hear of any forum, let me know. I cant believe if this is a windows update issue that we are the only ones having problems.
Old 12-19-2015, 12:18 PM
Air Works

Hi theylmun, I am not running pro addition Windows just standard home addition. Haven't found much out there in terms of forums and only a couple of Windows 10 issues which is surprising as would have thought most people are now running Windows 10. I have email Phoenix support but no response as yet. Will let you know if I hear anything or find a fix.

Regards,
Paul
Old 12-30-2015, 02:57 AM
Air Works

Hi theylmun, I have just upgraded to version 5.5i and Phoenix is now running okay on Windows 10. Make sure that you are also running the latest version of your graphics driver. I am running NVIDIA and they have a neat updater.
Old 12-30-2015, 04:55 AM
Air Works

Originally Posted by theylmun
Hello Paul. FYI, I just tried version .i and have the same issues. the problem seems to be in the window update. one question. do you have windows 10 pro? I have a surface 3 tablet which is what is not working and it has windows 10 pro. my other computer that does work is not windows 10pro. Another question, do you know of any forum related to any questions on phoenixrc? I know alot of people that use phoenixrc but I don't understand why it is so hard to find any forum or support site. even the support email that I got from phoenixrc, my email client says its invalid. Guess my decision a month or so ago to go with phoenixrc vs realflight was the wrong decision. If you hear of any forum, let me know. I cant believe if this is a windows update issue that we are the only ones having problems.

Hi theylmun, I have just upgraded to version 5.5i and Phoenix is now running okay on Windows 10. Make sure that you are also running the latest version of your graphics driver. I am running NVIDIA and they have a neat updater.
Old 12-31-2015, 02:10 PM
theylmun

Hi Paul, I too was able to get mine to work but i figured out what the problem was. I run it on both my tablet and desktop. The desktop has always worked fine, it was my surface tablet that had the problem. When I changed it from tablet mode to desktop mode, it worked fine. the latest windows update must run the tablet mode slightly different where the graphics driver operates differently.
Old 01-01-2016, 03:49 AM
Air Works

Originally Posted by theylmun
Hi Paul, I too was able to get mine to work but i figured out what the problem was. I run it on both my tablet and desktop. The desktop has always worked fine, it was my surface tablet that had the problem. When I changed it from tablet mode to desktop mode, it worked fine. the latest windows update must run the tablet mode slightly different where the graphics driver operates differently.
Good to hear and Happy New Year to you.