RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

CRRCsim vs clearflight

Old 04-25-2016, 08:28 AM
xlDooM

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default CRRCsim vs clearflight

I recently had a short flight with a buddy box and I thought damn, this isn't easy. So I wanted to practice. Being a linux user, I tried CRRCsim and it was hard. I managed to land like 2 out of 10 flights (using mouse control). Then I tried clearview on my windows computer and it is so easy with the trainer airplane. Landed first try (keyboard control). Is CRRC too hard, or clearview too easy? Or is it because CRRC has no trainer airplane, only sport models? Or is keyboard actually easier than using a proper controller? I haven't decided whether I want to buy one yet.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:39 AM
ggunners

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Having created airplanes for both sims, I will say that creating a new model in CRRCsim is extremely difficult and not very well supported by the community. However, creating models for Clearview is also difficult, but has better support and far more examples to learn from.

I would want my trainer airplanes to be easy to fly and provide help with learning orientation. Most real trainers are setup to fly hands off with full throttle providing climbs and less than half throttle descending.

With either sim, we can create models that are difficult to fly too. So, to get the best experience in a sim, fly several different kinds of models and practice your routines until you are comfortable in the sim. Nerves will make reality much more difficult.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:46 AM
xlDooM

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for your input. The plane I fly in CRRC is the Angel S30, and it does not self level in any way. I can land it properly though, and did a barrel roll, a full loop and a half loop which I rolled out of. I still crash like 1 in 4 times, usually from wild flying.

I'm flying it with ailerons, with no rudder input. Is that a mistake for a beginner? The only problems it gives it that when I level out for the landing approach, it tends to go nose up an I have to force it down a bit, where I'd rather be just gliding.
Old 04-28-2016, 06:08 AM
ggunners

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Having to force the nose down just means your speed is too high, back off the throttle earlier and it should start settling down and as you near touchdown feed in more elevator and less throttle. Should help out. I have three models for CRRCsim.

Ascent Glider

ParkZone P-51

WagstaffExtra300S

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	pz-p51-bl_prv.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	2159718  
Attached Images   
Old 04-28-2016, 06:15 AM
xlDooM

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I just flew that wagstaff for a bit and it's quite nice, also indestructible lol
Old 04-29-2016, 06:54 AM
ggunners

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

CRRCsim does not simulate crashing very well.