Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Phoenix v5.5 with SD-10G

Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Phoenix v5.5 with SD-10G

Old 09-02-2017, 12:10 PM
rlemaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phoenix v5.5 with SD-10G

I just purchased Phoenix version 5.5 and along with it, purchased the adapter that HorizonHobby lists as being compatible with Sanwa/Airtronics transmitters. Unfortunately, this adapter will not work with the SD-10G. The adapter they recommend (RTMAAIRSAN) has a large 5 pin DIN connector on it. The SD-10G, on the other hand, appears to need a 4 pin mini DIN connector.

There are some adapters that look closer to what I need, but that's only from a physical fit point of view, I have no way to know if they are wired correctly. Also, I've found some references online that say how to make one using an S-Video connector. That isn't a problem for me, but there are at-least two versions of it with different wiring diagrams.

Has anyone successfully gotten the SD-10G to work with Phoenix's cable?

Thanks,
Russ
Old 09-23-2017, 07:08 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I haven't tried it with Phoenix, but I can verify that that SD10G cannot work with Real Flight. I got the right adapter and still couldn't make it work. Sent the radio in to be checked out, no problems. Tech support stopped returning my emails. I did some more digging around online and found that the voltage is different at the data port on the SD10G than on the USB. Nearly every other radio's port is 5v, but Airtronics had to do it different for some reason. Pretty typical of the company at that time, IMO. It's why they aren't around anymore.