Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Mac user

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 10:07 AM
Harv2828

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mac user

Is there a sim that can be used with an Apple Mac?
Old 08-09-2018, 07:23 AM
ivanthetrble

I have been wondering the same thing. Since it has been 4 months since your post and no responses I would assume there is no good Mac option.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:55 AM
ivanthetrble

Going to give Aerofly7 a try. Will post some impressions after I have a little time on it.
Old 11-06-2018, 01:49 PM
Hogpilot
My Feedback: (1)

I just ordered RF8. We use macs at work, but I use windows at home. I have VMware Fusion on my iMac and MacBook for doing programming that requires windows. I think I'm gonna try to load RF 8 on one of them and see how it goes. The only real problem is macs also have very small hard drives because they really push their iCloud. Not sure if they can handle the game along with a windows partition.
Old 11-07-2018, 05:49 AM
Appowner
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hogpilot
I just ordered RF8. We use macs at work, but I use windows at home. I have VMware Fusion on my iMac and MacBook for doing programming that requires windows. I think I'm gonna try to load RF 8 on one of them and see how it goes. The only real problem is macs also have very small hard drives because they really push their iCloud. Not sure if they can handle the game along with a windows partition.
Don't the current Macs allow the addition of a second HD? Been many years since I had to play with a Mac. Or maybe go with a thumb drive? My Win 7 desktop is only using 100 gig of drive space and RF8 is somewhere in there.
Old 11-07-2018, 12:10 PM
Hogpilot

Originally Posted by Appowner
Don't the current Macs allow the addition of a second HD?
I haven't seen one, But I guess you could run a VM on an external drive. Unfortunately I'm not on the client side of IT, so I know just enough to be dangerous.

Last edited by Hogpilot; 11-07-2018 at 12:18 PM.
Old 11-10-2018, 04:52 AM
Appowner
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hogpilot
I haven't seen one, But I guess you could run a VM on an external drive. Unfortunately I'm not on the client side of IT, so I know just enough to be dangerous.
There are solutions to the problem. It's just a matter of cost and whether or not it will be allowed. I never worked anywhere I could add personal software to a machine.
Old 11-11-2018, 06:19 AM
Strat2003

I run Real Flight 8, and before that Phoenix, on my Mac through Boot Camp. Lets me run all Windows programs and it works very well. I currently have Windows 10 installed on Boot Camp.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:15 PM
Hogpilot

Originally Posted by Appowner
There are solutions to the problem. It's just a matter of cost and whether or not it will be allowed. I never worked anywhere I could add personal software to a machine.
I'm not sure about a private corp, but I work for a college IT department and I am provided a personal laptop. I am allowed to install personal software on my machine, I also have licenses (up to 3) for MS Office and most Adobe products that I can install on non college owned personal computers. Working in higher Ed has some advantages, and disadvantages....
But it would probably be cheaper to buy a used windows machine that can run RF8.