Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Can I hook a Spektrun DX6 to FS8

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Can I hook a Spektrun DX6 to FS8

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 11:12 AM
johnnymax

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Can I hook a Spektrun DX6 to FS8

I am getting back into RC Planes after 38 years. Starting over from scratch.
A friend is giving me one of his old transmitters Spektrum DX6.

My question is "How can I hook it up to my Windows computer and Real Flight 8?"
I will order RF8 as soon as I am certain that I can connect up to it.
If there is a cable that is know to work with this transmitter and FS8, I will order it and FS8 immediately.
I have been searching on amazon and google, but can not find anything that I feel will work for certain.
Once I have enough flight sim hours and feel I have good muscle memory, I will start looking for a good trainer.
All help and advice welcome. Thanks.
Old 10-02-2018, 05:28 AM
Appowner
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just so you know, that particular radio is reduced range. I wouldn't fly anything bigger than a park flyer with it.

As for connecting to FS8? I'd go to the source and ask both Spektrum and whoever makes FS8.
Old 10-02-2018, 10:49 AM
johnnymax

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Appowner
Just so you know, that particular radio is reduced range. I wouldn't fly anything bigger than a park flyer with it.
As for connecting to FS8? I'd go to the source and ask both Spektrum and whoever makes FS8.
Thanks I realize it is for park flying. I am wanting a transmitter for RF8 and then I will stating with home built foamies flying them on my property. My property is only 5 acres, but I have a pond in the middle.
I will eventually upgrade.
Old 11-15-2018, 10:36 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnymax
Thanks I realize it is for park flying. I am wanting a transmitter for RF8 and then I will stating with home built foamies flying them on my property. My property is only 5 acres, but I have a pond in the middle.
I will eventually upgrade.
Your plan has a couple of flaws; it's been a long time since the DX6 and the AR6000 rx's were produced. That tx will only work with one rx and that is the AR6000, those are very scarce.

I have no idea if it will work with a simulator or not. Suggest you look at the new Spektrum 6 channel tx's. Not too expensive and quite an amazing list of capabilities.
Old 11-16-2018, 05:20 AM
Appowner
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeeb
..................................That tx will only work with one rx and that is the AR6000, those are very scarce.

.................................................. ......
Got some AR6000. 3 or 4 of them. Never used but may have bound them. Should anyone be interested.