Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

G2 New Aircraft

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 07:27 PM
ArtW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G2 New Aircraft

I looked at the Knife Edge Software Forum about the G2 simulator and the consensus is that there is no way to enter a "new" airplane into the G2 simulator. You can modify existing aircraft. You can change appearance but adding a Zagi or a Delta Vortex is "not possible". Is it possible to add a fundamentally new aircraft to G2?

Has anyone reverse engineered the file structure for the G2 airplane files to get the specifications to allow one to design a new plane?

Does anyone know if Knife Edge software plans to publish the specifications so that public domain aircraft could be added?
Old 10-08-2003, 03:29 AM
nedyob
My Feedback: (67)

Default RE: G2 New Aircraft

The only planes you can down load are the planes that are on all four Volumes. You cant down load a plane that is not on the CD's. You can modify existing planes, heli's and flying field.
NEDYOB
Old 10-08-2003, 03:55 AM
flyingbaer

Hello Peoples,

the g2 programm create a virtuel drive o: , and i cant find a way to read the files into these drive.

many greetings from germany
flyingbaer
Old 11-04-2003, 09:59 AM
roadtrip

You can go to the G/P home page and click on downloads and then the G2 swap page. There are a lot of planes to download, but I too am looking for a Zagi, or Viper Twin electric. I wish G/P would add them to a new add-on.
Old 11-20-2003, 08:05 PM
Bule

Same Question, does anybody knows if there is a software than can create or virually modelling a new plane for RFG2? , like metasquoia, or something like that?

Thanks
Bule
Old 11-20-2003, 11:08 PM
cfossa
My Feedback: (5)

No, there is not currently a way to make your own "new" airplanes. You can only modify existing planes from RealFlight or the add-on packs. There have been many requests for this feature on the Knife Edge forum. It would make a great add-on! Maybe they will add the feature now that they have more competition like Reflex ane Aerofly

Carl
Old 11-27-2003, 05:04 PM
rik756
My Feedback: (12)

I read on another post that there was a program called Gmax that allowed you to create a plane for RF G2. No idea if it's true or where to get it though... The post didn't say.
Old 11-27-2003, 07:59 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

What is the link to that post?
Old 11-28-2003, 01:37 AM
RobertC
My Feedback: (157)

I don't know which post you are referring to, but GMax is just a modeling tool (polygon modeling). It is the "free" version of 3DMax published by Discreet and used by programs like MS FlightSim to model planes. You might be able to use this to create a new *looking* model for G2, but it has no ability to edit flight characteristics. Short of reverse-engineering G2's data format, there is no way to add new planes (that I know of).
Old 11-28-2003, 06:11 PM
rik756
My Feedback: (12)

Here is what I read... I have no clue about what, how or if it works.

Does anybody knows if there is a software than can create a new plane model for the G2?, I know that thereĀ“s a program called metasequoia that can do pnew palnes for the FMS, but I am trying to do something for the G2.
i don't know where to get it but it is called Gmax
[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_1293724/mpage_1/key_gmax/anchor/tm.htm#1293724]Gmax Post[/link]

I wasn't trying to stir anything up, merely repeated something I read and I guess even hoped there was some truth to it... I don't know anything about creating a new plane, only editing one already there.
Old 11-28-2003, 06:49 PM
jucava

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The questions is not reverse engineering the questions is:

Does somebody hack G2 already?
Old 12-01-2003, 10:42 AM
roadtrip

Try Google.