Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

What do you suggest for an interface?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

What do you suggest for an interface?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 11:47 PM
byc91

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you suggest for an interface?

Hi, I apologize if this question has been asked already. I'm just a beginner in RC flying, and want to try out 'Realflight G2' (I heard it's excellent!)

My question is,
What USB Interface (Realflight compatible) do you recommend for a 9c transmitter? And does it receive power from the USB port or from the batteries?

Thanks, Brian
Old 10-14-2003, 08:39 AM
bluesky123
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: What do you suggest for an interface?

Brian,

If you purchase a new RealFlight G2-Interlink, it comes with everything you need, including 9C-compatible interface. The downside--it's pretty expensive.

An alternative: try to find used pre-Interlink version of RealFlight G2 (i.e., G2 originally sold before April 2002 with either parallel port interface or dummy game port controller) and buy software only. Just make sure that the seller un-register the software from RealFlight database (I've contacted RealFlight support and they told me that, if the original owner relinquish his/her registration, you can register the software yourself and enjoy full tech support).

In this case, you may order a more affordable TX-to-PC interface from any of interface vendors. Just make sure that their interface is compatible with RealFlight. I've had good experience with interfaces from www.milehighwings.com .

Hope this helps,
Boris
Old 10-17-2003, 05:40 PM
Swazzi2000
My Feedback: (4)

Hey all: I am an experienced flier with not much experience on a Simulator. I borrowed the G2 software from my friend thinking that I could use the older G2 controller on the newer G2 with Interlink but it failed to work. I would like to know from a more experienced G2 user if I could use a Interlink Controller from another game to work my simulator. Please give detailed advice.

Thanks
Old 10-18-2003, 09:15 AM
bluesky123
My Feedback: (2)

Swazzi2000,
No luck...
RealFlight G2-Interlink checks for its Interlink controller when you start the sim. If Interlink is not connected, the sim refuses to start. This was done to prevent illegal copying of the software...
Boris