Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Do these work well?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2002, 01:44 AM
ChixwithTrix
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do these work well?

r these realistic? would they help me fly the real planes? im thinking about buying the great planes one.
Old 05-02-2002, 03:07 AM
SAL98
My Feedback: (6)

I bought Realflight G2 in Dec 2000, and used it for a full year before i bought my avistar trainer . It didn't take a year to learn, i didn't decide to pick up the avistar because of other personal reasons. Anyway on my first flight with the avistar i took it up by myself and trimmed it out. I couldnt believe that the avistar flew exactly the same if not easier than the one on the sim.

Within 5 flights i was flying inverted, doing hammerheads and stall turns. Within 2 months i was the only guy at the field doing Knife-edge flight, rolling loops, elevators, slow rolling circles and 90 degree cross wind landings (and with an avistar at that). No one would believe me when i told them i only started flying DEC of 2001, so i started saying not long when asked how long.

I then started learning how to hover the avistar but quickly found out that i needed more power than the OS 40 LA could deliver. So i purchase an ultra-stick 40 by hangar nine and an OS 46FX.This was a real treat especially with the use of flaps. I could practice slow 3d maneuvers like harrier's and elevators and i finally had the power to hover and then hold on for torque rolls.

None of this would have ever been possible for me without the blessings of the lord Jesus Christ, and his blessing me with this awesome simulator that has brought me to the level and confidence of other veterans of this hobby.

I continually have conversations with other pilots about the advantages of a simulator which they usually believe are not much of a help. But once they see me fly they quickly reconsider there opinions.

I still use my sim daily in practicing pattern and 3d sequences, and with my next project(third plane) on the board (Hangar 9 Edge 540 1/4 scale)I do believe that with Prayer and a confidence building program like RFG2 you too can to can truly excel in this wonderful hobby.
Old 05-02-2002, 03:47 AM
Blackbird-RCU

Yes flight sims are a excellent learning tool. Especially Real Flight G2. The planes fly very similar if not excactly to the way their real life counterparts do. G2 has helped me tremendously!
Old 05-02-2002, 11:24 AM
ChixwithTrix
My Feedback: (8)

nice
Old 05-07-2002, 12:46 AM
TCBenson
My Feedback: (14)

Default RC Simulator

Wondered if anyone out there has had experience with Great Planes, Real Flight "Classic" Model simulator? This one uses' your transmitter with an interface cable to your computer and has add-ons available. It may be a year or two old by now. Thanks for looking, Terry
Old 05-07-2002, 01:11 AM
SAL98

G2 is the upgraded version of RealFight classic which turned into RealFlight deluxe with the addition of Helli's and then RealFlight Generation 2 (G2).
Old 05-07-2002, 08:21 PM
TCBenson
My Feedback: (14)

Default Flight Simulators.

Hey Sal, I have an opportunity to purchase a GP "Real Flight" Classic model simulator that includes the vol. 1 add-on for 'round $100.00. This system is about 1 year old. Wondered if this would be worth the money or should I save for the later version? Thanks, Terry
Old 05-07-2002, 08:36 PM
visioneer_one
My Feedback: (506)

A tip: full versions of G2 have been sighted in the SwapShop around $150. YMMV.
Old 05-08-2002, 12:02 AM
SAL98

I would only go with the G2 versions personally because of all the upgraded features that it will give you ( and there are many).

You could also go for the new G2 lite version that gives you many more features like the new usb Interlink controller , and the extended g2 graphics for $130 bucks(http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1&I=LXANB9&P=0). But i would just save up the extra money and go for the full Generation 2 software. I believe it to be more than worth it.