Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

What's the most realistic trainer in FMS?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

What's the most realistic trainer in FMS?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 07:32 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's the most realistic trainer in FMS?

The Supercub is way easy, the Pitts is pretty cool. Do these behave halfway close to a real trainer on turns and landing and such? I got the bundle with 700 planes from http://www.tti-us.com/sim/shop.html I'm just hoping I'm not learning too many bad habits. I don't use any zoom, or chase cam. I've got every plane in the world including UFO's, Superman, and Mary Poppins... Is the Supercub like a real trainer? Also, a lot of the electrics in it seem to be powerless and like to hmm I think it's called tip-stall? on me. Make a hard turn, and it turns into the dirt. Is this a feature of "real" planes? - Joe
Old 11-22-2003, 12:35 PM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: What's the most realistic trainer in FMS?

no plane in FMS flys like a real one. the helis arnt that bad but the planes have no side area, and once you stall theres no reaction, other than the spin you found.
Old 11-25-2003, 01:48 PM
Eric Brouwer

I have a model similar to the Tiger Trainer 40 on [link=http://myweb.absa.co.za/eric.brouwer/fms_related.htm]my web[/link] with a modified PAR file to closely resemble my real Tiger Trainer 40. My son (then 10) practiced on FMS with this model, and was able to make his first flight with the trainer without any help. It's not 100% accurate. Idle on FMS is with throttle 1/4 open.
Old 02-26-2004, 02:16 AM
Jimmbbo

ORIGINAL: Eric Brouwer

I have a model similar to the Tiger Trainer 40 on [link=http://myweb.absa.co.za/eric.brouwer/fms_related.htm]my web[/link] with a modified PAR file to closely resemble my real Tiger Trainer 40. My son (then 10) practiced on FMS with this model, and was able to make his first flight with the trainer without any help. It's not 100% accurate. Idle on FMS is with throttle 1/4 open.
Eric's Tiger Trainer is a great generic high wing semi aerobatic trainer! [sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]

Cheers!

Jim
Old 02-27-2004, 09:29 AM
Tripod

Joe, Here is what I expereienced just the other night with FMS.

I have been training on a real trainer, A Thunder Tiger 40 since Christmas & have been working on getting my Hitec Eclipse 7 interfaced with my PC so I can practise at home, I am struggling with Mode 1 as I am used to Mode 2 from playing with Flightsim 2002 etc. Here in Australia I have been told that mode 1 is what we do here the most so I have stuck with it.

Anyhow I built Erics 16F84 PIC serial interface from his website & got my transmitter hooked up, I also found his Tiger Trainer model for FMS & all I can say is that it sure does feel like the real thing, I couldn't believe it when I first started it up & I have no doubt it will train you well, just make sure you don't use the chase camera mode, observe from the ground & it will teach you well.

And to you Eric, I must say thankyou for your Website & support to the RC community, you have helped a little Ozzie Flyer down in this corner of the world & I appreciate your efforts.

Cheers Tri.