Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Anyone know how to "Record" in AFP ??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Anyone know how to "Record" in AFP ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 06:54 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone know how to "Record" in AFP ??

I can record but the file is a Real Player format but Real Player can't even play it. And I can't play it on Windows Media Player. I've seen others people post WMV files but I can't find out how to make that type of file.

Joe
Old 12-10-2003, 05:46 PM
Kanain
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone know how to "Record" in AFP ??

JoeAirPort,

The Windows Media files you see are usually done from a video capture. Th AFP .REC files are specific to AFP. They contain location data and other information that AFP uses to "reproduce" the recording. If you want to view recordings outside AFP, you have to use video capture software to record what is being displayed on your desktop or in a window. You can find some "Try before you buy" video capture applications on CNET's DOWNLOAD section. You will have to play with resolution and frame rates to get an acceptable capture rate. I recommend running AFP in a window and then capturing that region. Also, don't try to capture while you are flying unless you have a pretty hot computer - it sucks up a lot of resources and makes AFP's frame rates go WAY DOWN - some times to the point of being useless to fly.

I usually record my flight in AFP and then capture while I am replaying the recording. Some may have found better results, but I run a P4 2.4 with a Gig of memory and a NVidia GeForce 4 TI 4600 (128meg) using Easy Video Capture and have not been able to produce a captured video by any other means. If I turn the capture detail down enough to allow AFP to run smooth, I get video artifacts and this to me is unacceptable. I am looking for some better video capture software.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-18-2003, 08:52 PM
Cody-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The best thing I have found for video capture is using the TV-out plug on my graphics card to a VCR, recording, then streaming the vid back onto the computer using my ATI TV-wonder.
Old 12-18-2003, 10:42 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How about AFP providing a way to make Mpegs or WMV's in their software? Wouldn't that be convenient?