Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Help...What to get!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Help...What to get!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2003, 08:40 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Help...What to get!!!!

I am going to get a new computer. Will run some flight sims and copy photos. What is best ....a athalon or pentiun 4 cpu? Do I need a flat screen (CRT type) or will a flat panel (LCD) work ok?? I see a few machines have g-force vidio cards already. Is that a good one> Thanks Capt,n
Old 12-20-2003, 11:19 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Help...What to get!!!!

Aerofly Pro is the bomb as far as Sim's out there. So I'm giving you a link to their requirements web page. GeForce are great graphics cards. I have a Pentium 4 and I love it. I have the GeForce 5200FX graphics card and the LCD flat screen also. It's the Dimension 4600 from Dell. Great PC.

http://www.aerofly.de/requirements.html
Old 12-21-2003, 12:05 AM
SeenMCrash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, listen to Joe. I built a computer, and I'm running only an AMD Athlon 1.8GHz. However, I have 1GB of RAM, though the video card has 256MB for itself....Also a GeForce 5200 FX. All my flight sims run smoothly! Yeah, I'd say mostly focus on the CPU speed and RAM (you'll want it for your photos). And, obviously, the video card... As for AMD/Pentium, personal preference. Some people will tell you though that either are faster, but don't worry about it. Good luck, Andrew
Old 12-22-2003, 10:44 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Guys for the replys. Have a good Holiday season.....and God Bless Capt,n