Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

i hope i dont get cocky

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

i hope i dont get cocky

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2003, 12:16 AM
impulse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i hope i dont get cocky

Now i hope i dont get cocky flying my real flight simulator. Or that i will get sloppy because it doesn't matter if i crash it will just restart. Has anyone had this feeling?
Old 12-27-2003, 08:04 AM
Madd_Maxx

Default RE: i hope i dont get cocky

impulse:

I bought G2 and started flying that long before I actually had a real plane to fly. Yes at first you don't care if you crash (newbie getting used to the controls) since it doesn't cost you a 400-500 dollar plane everytime you fly it's more of a nerve free training feeling. Once you get good with the controls and are feeling better about your take offs and landings in G2 then factor in some crosswind or variable wind with some pretty heavy gusts to add a new twist to your learning. If you can fly around in G2 with a heavy wind and still bring your plane back in one piece on the runway then you are well on your way to becoming a better pilot.....granted G2 won't give you the pucker factor of getting into some hairy situations and recovering but it will make stick movements and plane reactions almost second nature. I know that G2 has helped my flying skills quite a bit in the last 2 years of playing around with it.

[link=http://madd_maxx.250free.com/]CLICK HERE[/link] to see a few of my flight recordings in G2

Madd_Maxx
Old 12-28-2003, 12:41 AM
impulse

I have already soloed and bought it to just mess around on. Ive been flying the heli's and have gotten pretty good at them ( just not landing). I bought the first volume because they have the plane im buidling (super sporster) and i have put atleast 2 hours just landing the thing. With differen't cross winds, causing failures, dead sticks etc. But to anyone reading this i dont suggest trying to teach your self on this then trying to fly a real plane but it great pratice during you training. When you get home from the field etc.
Old 12-28-2003, 05:51 PM
Kyle300S

i have found that when out at the real feild the Pucker factor alone will stop you from doing anything stupid. but once you can go around that factor its nice to know that you will be able to move the sticks the way you want them to go when down low.

i got the sim before i ever even thought about getting into this hobby. then i finaly went to the feild and someone let me fly their plane and i soloed on my 1st flight. but thats just me.