Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Pentium 233 with G2?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Pentium 233 with G2?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2002, 03:44 AM
uicfletch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pentium 233 with G2?

Hey all

Does anyone know if Realflight G2 is gonna run if I only have a pentium 233 instead of a 300??? I have enough RAM and all the rest.

Is anyone else in the same boat?
Old 05-23-2002, 04:13 AM
AQ500

I got the Dave Brown simulator. I had a 475 MHz system with 8 MB video RAM built into the motherboard (tried, couldn't upgrade). The program ran but was jumpy until the resolution was way turned down. I just upgraded to a 1.4 GHz system with 64 MB video RAM. I can run the simulator at a 1280 x 1024 resolution and it is very smooth.
Old 05-23-2002, 12:57 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default upgrades for G2 use

I have a HP Model 8240 Pentium 233 with MMx Tecknoligy. How would upgrading this be for simulator use. Is it best to contact HP, or get the parts from ?? Also What are the recomended upgrades for it? Thanks Captin John
Old 05-23-2002, 01:20 PM
mscic-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Your best bet is to take your tower to a local computer shop and let them see if it can be upgraded. You are probably faced with purchasing a new case w/power supply. Either the Intel P4 or AMD Athlon processors require an approved power supply that can supply enough constant voltage to meet the power demands of those processors. You could still use your drives, but would also need to buy a mainboard. processor, fan and memory. You are looking at $300 to $400 depending on what you get.
Old 05-23-2002, 02:30 PM
AQ500

Dito, go local and stay away from the big manufacturers. Look for a place that offers a good service and warranty repair. Also ask around and go to a place with a good reputation. Upgrading the old system is the cheapest way to go. I ended up buying almost a completely new system because my Compaq used components built into the motherboard. Buy a system that doesn't use built in components so that upgrades are easier in the future. I learned the hard way.
Old 05-23-2002, 08:27 PM
Elwood
My Feedback: (2)

If you have a 233, I bet that you are stuck. Go for the gusto! Get it all new. Here is why-

Faster bus system
Faster memory
Faster HDD
Faster everything!

My PC has "evolved" from an AMD 200 or 233 K6. Now it is at 550, but it has a new HDD, MB, CPU, Video, Sound..............
Old 05-26-2002, 10:25 AM
3DMike

To answer your question. NO G2 wont run on a 233, well maybe as a stuttering, smoking mess. This program is processor hungry, the more power you feed it the more it eats. Real flight original/deluxe would work but when you miss out on the eye candy and the 3d flying capability that they added to the flight models in the later addition. You need to upgrade. Amd make very very cheap processors now, get a cheap motherboard and say a old 1.2 thunderbird and your away laughing... Ive seen this program running smooth with all the graphics turned up full and that was on a 2gig processor machine, guess you get what you pay for.