Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

AFP simulator and effective speed

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

AFP simulator and effective speed

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 06:58 PM
WRK
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AFP simulator and effective speed

I am using AeroFly Pro with a good fast computer and video board, my frams per second top out at about 140 but it seems to me that things happen too slowly, specially while doing torque rolls. My real planes at the flying field change attitude faster than the planes in AFP. I have set the AFP speed to 200% but when doing torque rolls the planes still don't seem real in response speed, they tip too slowly and you have too much time to correct as the plane begins to fall out of hover or torque roll, wonder if anyone else noticed this?

Flierbk
Old 01-19-2004, 10:21 PM
spokman
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: AFP simulator and effective speed

I thought they flew slow also but don't know any better!
Old 01-20-2004, 12:49 AM
serge1
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: flierbk

I am using AeroFly Pro with a good fast computer and video board, my frams per second top out at about 140 but it seems to me that things happen too slowly, specially while doing torque rolls. My real planes at the flying field change attitude faster than the planes in AFP. I have set the AFP speed to 200% but when doing torque rolls the planes still don't seem real in response speed, they tip too slowly and you have too much time to correct as the plane begins to fall out of hover or torque roll, wonder if anyone else noticed this?

Flierbk

Greetings

Something is not right with your PC or The Sim. Mine is running at 100% and all planes are dead real when torque rolling. What resolution are you running??

Serge
Old 01-20-2004, 08:48 AM
SMALLFLY-
My Feedback: (19)

I assume your talking the cap, giles, extra. One thing to remember is that these are simulations of 35-40% planes. A 33-40% plane is slower to react because moments are much longer and mass is much greater. I would agree they are easier than trying to torque a funfly, but the slower reaction lets you learn faster. I think the key is to get to the point where no large corrections are required to keep it torquing, once your there transition to a smaller plane is quicker
Old 01-20-2004, 11:55 AM
serge1
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: smallfly-RCU

I assume your talking the cap, giles, extra. One thing to remember is that these are simulations of 35-40% planes. A 33-40% plane is slower to react because moments are much longer and mass is much greater. I would agree they are easier than trying to torque a funfly, but the slower reaction lets you learn faster. I think the key is to get to the point where no large corrections are required to keep it torquing, once your there transition to a smaller plane is quicker

Totally right!

Serge