Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

G2 vs. Aerofly Pro for non 3D flyers?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

G2 vs. Aerofly Pro for non 3D flyers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 01:35 PM
n7tb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G2 vs. Aerofly Pro for non 3D flyers?

I have spent a great deal of time reviewing comments about AFP and G2 I initally ordered AFP then cancelled the order. I am still undecided. Everyone raves about AFP being more realistic, but most of the folks are doing alot of 3D acrobatics and torque rolls. AFP has alot of large planes.

I fly predominantly 40 size planes and one 60 size. I don't do 3D flying. I have been using the original Realflight program and it is too easy to fly. One nice thing about the original RealFlight is that it has the Corvallis airfield on it where I fly.

I want a program that is very realistic in flight physics for different aircraft. I want to experience in simulation as close as possible to what the real planes will fly like. Is AFP still the program of choice in this case?

Thanks,

Terry
Old 01-19-2004, 04:39 PM
raptorheli2

Default RE: G2 vs. Aerofly Pro for non 3D flyers?

i personnaly think g2 and afp are similar to fly if you don't want to do 3d. i have had AFP now for about 3 months and i prefer it to G2. no question it's better IMHO. i thought the planes in G2 were all a bit too unrealistic out of the box. you have endless things you can change in the menus but whos really interested in spending hours setting up every model.

i don't know where people get the idea all the planes in AFP are of TOC size. Infact there are only 3 like that. by the way they ARE awesome to fly. but there are a lot of 40-90 size planes and loads more for download.

AFP isn't as good as G2 on graphics but it's very close, AFP is cheaper and you can use your own TX for even less money.

do yourself a favour and reorder AFP with the add on pack. you won't be dissapointed AS LONG AS YOU HAVE A DECENT COMPUTER. i can't stress that enough.

cheers
Old 01-19-2004, 05:12 PM
spokman
My Feedback: (2)

I've flown both and G2 has better graphics. You can see the planes clearer farther out. And G2 has some sport planes. AFP Comes with a PT40 and that's it for .40 size planes. Also AFP wouldn't work with my older Airtronics 4 channel radio(late 90's). Tech support did not help me with my problems. AFP also has some sorta odd graphics thing going on where straight lines look a little jagged sometimes. I have a gaming computer with updated drivers so that isn't the prob. As far as flight characteristics go I couldn't really comment as I'm not good flyer. They both fly. If you get AFP I would make sure your tx will work with it or consider the game commander version or getting a cheap 4 channel tx that has a removable chip. I'm not trying to steer you one way or another but I wish I had G2 to use for a while at home to really compare. Flew G2 at the hobby shop and was impressed but AFP is serving my needs well. I will probably be selling AFP at a nice discount as soon as I'm a proficient flyer. Guess I don't want you to just get a one sided story. I never see very many posts from people who have actually flown both.
Old 01-19-2004, 07:28 PM
raptorheli2

well i flew both before i bought AFP. it took me weeks to make my mind up.
i tried to give an unbiased answer as best i could.

for me G2 is harder to see further out as the models are too damn small.

i'm happy i bought AFP over G2.

cheers
Old 01-19-2004, 08:37 PM
serge1
My Feedback: (1)

"I've flown both and G2 has better graphics."

Sorry but I totally disagree..Wich graphic card are you running??

I run aerofly pro on a G-force 4 and the graphic are way over G2 in every area.

Serge
Old 01-19-2004, 09:48 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Terry,

Go and re-order AFP. If people can fly 3D on it, AFP must have the physics down. 3D is the hardest to fly AND to simulate. AFP is as real as you're going to get. Just my opinion.

Joe
Old 01-19-2004, 10:17 PM
spokman
My Feedback: (2)

I've seen both and I'm a gamer also. G2 Beats AFP hands down in the graphics department. My video card is a 128MB Ti4200. : ) Computer runs a Gigabyte KT400 board. Has 512MB Crucial(Micron) DDR RAM. Maxtor 7200 RPM HD. But I am using Nvidias latest drivers. They are WHQL'd but they could be introducing some issues as is the case sometime with video drivers and 3D applications. I don't have anough time with G2 to make a definitive statement about what one is better but I can spot graphics differences very fast.
Old 01-20-2004, 12:08 AM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

spokman, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And you have stated yours.

Joe
Old 01-20-2004, 12:42 AM
serge1
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: spokman

I've seen both and I'm a gamer also. G2 Beats AFP hands down in the graphics department. My video card is a 128MB Ti4200. : ) Computer runs a Gigabyte KT400 board. Has 512MB Crucial(Micron) DDR RAM. Maxtor 7200 RPM HD. But I am using Nvidias latest drivers. They are WHQL'd but they could be introducing some issues as is the case sometime with video drivers and 3D applications. I don't have anough time with G2 to make a definitive statement about what one is better but I can spot graphics differences very fast.

Its strange how sometimes we differ on something but anyway I respect you opinion. A lot of my friends run the G2 and when they saw AFP running on my computer they all come to the same statement. "Wow the graphics are so better"

I run a G-force 4 (4600) on a 2.4 GHZ 512 MEG.

Make sure you run with the new patch on aerofly who give you the option
to crank up the resolution.

Serge
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74835.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	92417   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up48188.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	92418