Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

HELI SETUP FOR AEROFLY PRO

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

HELI SETUP FOR AEROFLY PRO

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 05:24 PM
AIRPLANENUTS
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELI SETUP FOR AEROFLY PRO

I want to learn to fly helicopters, so I thought I would start with a simulator (Aerofly Pro). Does anyone know how to set up the controls so that the throttle is on the left of the transmitter (if this is normal for U.S.)? I don't know which stick and what direction for helis. Thanks!
Old 01-19-2004, 07:07 PM
raptorheli2

Default RE: HELI SETUP FOR AEROFLY PRO

if you click on the the control menu and then click on the radio you are using it lets you define what channel you want to do what function, it's a click of the mouse.

one piece of advice never fails, read the manual.

cheers
Old 01-20-2004, 09:03 AM
AIRPLANENUTS

Thanks, raptorheli. You are truly a giver, sir. That information will prove invaluable to someone, I am sure. However, the manual, unfortunately, does not provide one with the information as to which stick controls what. That is governed by the mode in which you fly, no? Therefore, my question remains. As I do not know which stick controls what, does anyone wish to help, rather than point out the obvious, as raptorheli has been so gracious to do? Thanks so much.
Old 01-20-2004, 03:41 PM
raptorheli2

well since you are being cheeky about it, you can stick your comments where the sun don't shine. learn from somebody else.

if you don't know what does what then you should have made that clear in the first place. YOU ASKED FOR HOW TO MOVE THE THROTTLE STICK, I TOLD YOU ABOVE. you never asked for what does what on a heli.

who do you think you are? thats no way to reply to somebody who was trying to help you. also if you head my advice about the manual you WILL find what your looking for and work it out.

i've always tried to help people with AFP and to aid the best i can, infact most of my posts on here contribute towards it.

BUT I WON'T HELP ARROGANT, UNGRATEFUL PEOPLE LIKE YOU SIR.[:@]
Old 01-20-2004, 04:08 PM
AIRPLANENUTS

Re-read my original post, pal. What do you think "I don't know which stick and what direction for helis" means? It means I DO NOT KNOW WHICH STICK CONTROLS WHAT FUNCTION ON A HELICOPTER. Telling me to read the manual is not pertinent advice. Thank you, sir!
Old 01-20-2004, 05:17 PM
raptorheli2

"I don't know which stick and what direction for helis"

yes i can read PAL, obviously you have no idea that when i said read the manual, i meant read the manual. no type of sarcasim was intended and it was pertinent advice to coin a phrase.

you want to know what does what then you should be more polite in your replies, i don't see anybody else here helping you just now. i can ASSURE you i won't tell you, basically your stuffed at this particular time, for the time being. no doubt you'll get what your after.

right enough of the moaning, i'm off to fly AFP. what will i fly-

the fury
the raptor
the millenium
the logo

oh choices, i don't know. OH, I know what controls i'm after. so i'll try them all.

so airplanenuts, enjoy flying your heli, sorry i forgot you can't set it up. enjoy flying your airplanes in AFP.[>:]

later
Old 01-20-2004, 05:29 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

In simple lamens as compared to an RC airplane radio.

The throttle controls lift or power.

The rudder controls yaw, which is your tail rotor.

The elevator and aileron work together to control pitch of the heli.

It's not much different the a fixed wing plane other then you must have much more power control. Just hit the power up quickly to gain altitude, then try to control that power with rudder and collective pitch. But you have to move your pitch forward to gain forward momentum. At the same time you need to reduce power so that you have enough to hold the heli's altitude but make it go forward.

Just keep screwing with it. If you really want to learn to fly heli's get MS Flight Simulator 2004. It has some awesome new flight instruction built right in.

Have fun!
Old 01-20-2004, 05:34 PM
CHM
My Feedback: (28)

Airplanenuts, the poor guy was only trying to help you out. I think you will see that you will get more help if you just be nice.

As for what controls what on a heli, you might try looking in the heli forum to get an understanding of basic controls. Then read your AFP manual. By the way, my AFP came with helis and they all fly right out of the box. AFP allows you to assign many channels and switches to meet your needs, but you need to learn what your needs are first. Please don't slam me, I'm not a heli pilot but I mess with them on the sim a bit. AFP came defaulted to left stick for throttle.

Chuck
Old 01-20-2004, 07:53 PM
AIRPLANENUTS

I believe I struck a nerve! Thanks, guys, and that includes you too, raptorheli. I meant no harm, I just like irritating Brits. Helicopters are much more complicated, in my opinion. Aerofly pro is a very good simulator. I like it much more than RealFlight.
Old 06-10-2006, 04:37 PM
danielnibo

Hello Raptor

I want to fly my heli inverted, with Aerofly PD but I don´t find the way to get inverted pitch with it (Futaba 7 CAP). Throttle chanel moves also pitch, I set curves (pitch and throttle) for idle up, but... nothing, I can´t.
Could you help me?

Daniel
Bariloche
Patagonia
Argentina
Excel 60 Pro - Sceadu 50 - Shuttle 30 - Diabolo 61 - Brio 90 - .......