Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Pre-Flight help!! please goin crazy here!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Pre-Flight help!! please goin crazy here!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 11:46 PM
scimitar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pre-Flight help!! please goin crazy here!

i have a usb cable for my futaba t6hx -- on FMS the tail stick is not responding at all no matter what i do... then i moved to Pre-FLight.. got all channels configured.. got siked!! but it would seem that my throttle channel just wont calabirate to full throttle!! im 3 bars from full throttle and the heli models just wont take off-- all sticks are on the right channels wich i finnaly GREAT! but now just how can i get this thing off the ground?? i keep hitting colabirate and moving them to there full extent-- and i have tried the trim in so many different ways... Any ideas here??

I appreciate any help i can get!!!

Thanks!!!
Old 01-27-2004, 12:18 PM
FreeFlier

Default RE: Pre-Flight help!! please goin crazy here!

Hi, Scimitar,

Welcome to the confusion of PreFlight.

With my USB interface and Hitec Focus 4 Tx, I've programmed ch-7, which of course, in PreFlight is throttle, to both Aux-1 and Aux-2, and I've checked Rev (reverse) for all three. This is the only way I've been able to fly helis with this sim. Channels 1 and 2 are still aileron and elevator in PreFlight, though I've had to Rev aileron as well.

You may have not have realized that ch-6 is rudder in PreFlight, though I don't think this relates to your problem with the "tail stick" in FMS; by the way, what do you mean by tail stick? If you detail the "tail stick" concern, someone may have the answer.

Try the above with your setup, and if it works, you may be even more psyched.

Good luck.

Thermals,

Stew
Old 01-27-2004, 12:30 PM
FreeFlier

Scimitar,

An evil thought just crossed my mind regarding your post and my reply. You may not know that PreFight is not freeware any more, at least not in the sense that in order to use more than 2-controls you must make a purchase from them. The older version - 1.95 - is still available on the web, but you will have to search for it. This only applies if you are attempting to use the newest version - 2.1 - I think, without the interface/cable those Aussies are selling. Just another random thought that may, or may not have anything to do with your problem.

Best wishes,

Stew
Old 01-27-2004, 03:24 PM
scimitar

Thanks for the replies- but my problem with pre-flight is BOTH my sticks do exactly what they should do-- the heli reacts the right way to all input controls on my tx- My problem IS i cant get it to configure to full throttle-- the controls work- but when moving my stick from no throttle to full throttle- the slider stills has 3 bars before full throttle or something..i keep hitting configure- in hopes it will pick up the full range of my stick-- but no luck--- so all controls work fine- except the tthrottle will not go to full- and the heli on the sim bearly lifts off of the launch pad-- if i just had a few more clicks of throttle- everything would be MINT!!... any ideas on what could be my problem - or how i can fix it?

Again thanks for any help anyone could provide!!!
Old 01-28-2004, 08:07 AM
FreeFlier

Scimitar,

Throttle on PreFlight may have some basic problem, as I always have to keep my manual throttle trim slider almost to the bottom of its travel, or the models will be moving, not rotating, when they first appear. I've tried many things to try to configure this differently, but have not been successful. Have you tried fooling with your throttle trim - if manual like mine - simply moving the slider to different positions to attempt to get more throttle range? Or if digital, either moving the switch, or changing the ATV position, trim, or subtrim in the TX?

Don't know if any of the above will help, but I still think there is some issue with throttle in PreFlight. And if all else fails perhaps a message to Jose at PreFlight might help.

In any case good luck.

Thermals,

Stew,